Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-31-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default RX-Snake: Questions for Non-Participants

This thread is for anyone not an active participant on the project to ask whatever questions they like.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This thread is for anyone not an active participant on the project to ask whatever questions they like.
Looking forward to following the project!
One question, what's the weight difference (with all accessories) between the orig. motor and the sbf? What issues if any will this create re:front suspension, handling etc?

OOps, one more- have you decided which tranny you're going to use?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Heart Attack

Nice project car you guy's have there just wish i lived a little closer to give you hand on it,but not much i can do from Mo.
Good Luck with the project.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteichen View Post
Looking forward to following the project!
One question, what's the weight difference (with all accessories) between the orig. motor and the sbf? What issues if any will this create re:front suspension, handling etc?

OOps, one more- have you decided which tranny you're going to use?
We'll be stripping the car completely. All things equal, the difference is something like 200lbs rotary vs. SBF+Blower. Most of that weight is out front, BUT, we have the option of shifting weight like the battery to the back. We will need to run stiffer springs up front at least.

The trans is a function of what we ultimately decide the car should be. The choices are 4 speed manual vs. C2 automatic.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Nice project car you guy's have there just wish i lived a little closer to give you hand on it,but not much i can do from Mo.
Good Luck with the project.
Thanks man. Hopefully someday we'll be able to expand our reach

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Heart Attack

Sorry i did not notice this thread before i posted.
Anyway here is a site for some cool gauges you can even design your own,and they have a series called RX.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/auror...gnergauges.php
Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #7

wow nice little car. so what are u guys gonna do with the engine and trans?

if you dont mind id like to maybe take the trans off your hands because it might fit my evo engine and swap into the starion. :-D

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
wow nice little car. so what are u guys gonna do with the engine and trans?

if you dont mind id like to maybe take the trans off your hands because it might fit my evo engine and swap into the starion. :-D
We're actually thinking of keeping at least the 13B and use it for a future formula style open-wheeeler (think very poor man's ariel atom). As for the trans, we might be able to work something out. Naturally we'll need to extract something from you in return.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
We're actually thinking of keeping at least the 13B and use it for a future formula style open-wheeeler (think very poor man's ariel atom). As for the trans, we might be able to work something out. Naturally we'll need to extract something from you in return.
oh god its frat innitiation week all over again....i still cant get the taste outta my mouth

lol well tell me when you get it out and ill make an outline of all the holes and shape of my engine and bring it by and see if they line up with the bell housing.

in my starion evo engine swap research it didnt fully confirm if it was the 80's rx-7 or 93+ rx-7 tranny that would be starion swappable.

well ill wait till you get it off the engine good sir.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
oh god its frat innitiation week all over again....i still cant get the taste outta my mouth

lol well tell me when you get it out and ill make an outline of all the holes and shape of my engine and bring it by and see if they line up with the bell housing.

in my starion evo engine swap research it didnt fully confirm if it was the 80's rx-7 or 93+ rx-7 tranny that would be starion swappable.

well ill wait till you get it off the engine good sir.

Are you coming to our Jan 10 meet? If so we can swing by my house, leterally around the corner and you can check it out.

BTW, I have no idea whatsoever about the internal condition of the transmission.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)