Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
BMWs CPO is 6yrs 100k from original date tho, so if i get an 08 with 40ish on the clock i'll be good till 2013, by then i'll have been working for a couple years anyway so i'll be ready for something new.

IS is a good car for sure, they're just everywhere and mostly driven by rich asian kids whos parents get em as their first car...i guess the image issue is always gonna haunt me :P. I'm willing to sacrifice the 45hp loss to get a bigger more luxurious car with decent handling and fancy factor. Plus i've had a 2 jap cars and an american car, might as well get a european one to round it out...regardless of what i get i'm gonna regret it a year later cuz something cooler will be out, might as well be sad and baller in a 5 series hah
What about the redesigned G35/7 Sedan? They're really nice and in your price range as well. They also have over 300hp and one of the guys (Scott) on here ran 13.9 stock at California Speedway in one.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Chate

Holy crap!
I always thought the new body G was still in the high 30s, a quick browse on autotrader shows me THIS

Hmm, with nissan's CPO its 6yrs/100K too, it seems this might actually be a better value...loaded 07 for 25k??? aye yi yi!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Holy crap!
I always thought the new body G was still in the high 30s, a quick browse on autotrader shows me THIS

Hmm, with nissan's CPO its 6yrs/100K too, it seems this might actually be a better value...loaded 07 for 25k??? aye yi yi!!
Yeah, same warranty I believe. Cheapers maintainance costs and you definitely get more for the money.

DO IT
Old 09-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #14

sadly tho it aint got the prestige factor of the 5 series, thats hard to give up, going from the vette iono if my pride will be satisfied with a g LOL
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
sadly tho it aint got the prestige factor of the 5 series, thats hard to give up, going from the vette iono if my pride will be satisfied with a g LOL
The G is closer performance wise to the Vette than the 530i (although it's a bit of a stretch either way).
Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #16

lol yeah neither car is nearly a vette power-wise, i'm over that part already...cruisin in the bimmer will at least be ego-compensation in the looks department...the G will be a loss of power and i'll regreat not buying the bimmer
Old 09-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
lol yeah neither car is nearly a vette power-wise, i'm over that part already...cruisin in the bimmer will at least be ego-compensation in the looks department...the G will be a loss of power and i'll regreat not buying the bimmer
I guess

Honestly, the 5 series is getting redesigned for the 2011MY, so I think a current 530i will look dated pretty quickly. After all, that design debuted all the way back in 05.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #18

i hadn't considered the redesign, you're def right about that...hmmm i dont even have an arguement against that..and redesign means huge pricedrop coming next year for the used market IE if i buy one know i'll have hella buyers remorse and i HATE that :P

arite i'll seriously consider the G, i'm gonna go test drive some cars tomorrow i'll let ya know what i think of the drive!

the 5series competes with the infiniti M35 though right? maybe i should look into that too, they seem similarly priced as well...
Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Old 09-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #20

yum that spoiler and those rims do the trick for sure!! niceee