Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591
Default Viper laps the ring in 7:22

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/08/viper-sets-new.html
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

I seriously think that the ZR-1 and the ACR will both break under 7:20 qith professional drivers. I don't think the ZR-1 can maintain pace with the VIper. The stripped down ACR has none of the wieght disadvantage and also has a huge areo advantage.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

That has to be the worst professional driver ever. How many times did he mis-shift and bounce the car of the limiter? Also, the car had to be re-geared because he was in 6th on the long straight and he hit the rev limiter way before the end of it. I still think the ZR1 is King of the Ring!

I pulled up both videos and started them at the same point where they enter the straight. The Vette shifts from 5th at 6350 doing 175 to 6th which drops the revs to 5200 and then the mph drops to 174. When the Vette is at about 170 is when the Viper bounces off the limiter in 6th even though the viper has a taller .63 6th to the Corvettes .67. They definitely geared the Viper. They even said in the Motor Trend article that if they had more time to shorten the gearing they would have gone quicker. http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...ord/index.html

I think if they would have pulled more gear out the driver would have just bounced off the limiter longer before each corner because he clearly didn't want to upshift.

If they were running the stock size 335/30/19 then they were most likely running a 4.56 gear because at 170 the engine would be turning 6100 and it looks like the limiter is at 6200.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

h ZR-1 was not driven by a professional driver and I seriouly doubt that the ACR was either. Well look at it this way. If it was Nissan they would have put the car on slicks running c-16 with F-1 high compression. At least dodge and GM are maintaining some level of integrity. By they wayI love all the videos of the GT-R getting walked by Z06s and Terminator mustangs!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

The ACR is a bad mutha. But it's a true gentleman's racer whereas the ZR-1 is a real GT, with ride quality better than a ZO6. At least that's what the mags say.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
h ZR-1 was not driven by a professional driver and I seriouly doubt that the ACR was either. Well look at it this way. If it was Nissan they would have put the car on slicks running c-16 with F-1 high compression. At least dodge and GM are maintaining some level of integrity. By they wayI love all the videos of the GT-R getting walked by Z06s and Terminator mustangs!
The ZR1 was driven by a GM engineer. It was the Viper that was driven by a pro. According to the Motor Trend artical it was "FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) driver Tom Coronel, who pilots a Leon TFSi for SEAT Team Holland. In addition to his time in WTCC, Coronel, a Dutchman, has compiled extensive experience in Formula 3, Formula Nippon, and, most significant on this day, the 24-hour race at the Nurburgring"