Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Traitorous pig.
There's a long tradition of SBC's in Fords.

Personally I straight don't give a F*ck. Enkei and I want to put a 4-rotor in a 2nd Gen Camaro.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #22

My issue isnt with an LS swap, id love an LS FD or some such. Rather my issue is that people sell the ford motors so short. Nothing that an LS can do that a big inch windsor cant, people just dont bother to do it. The windsor motor is a fantastic platform, and it just doesnt get the credit it deserves.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
My issue isnt with an LS swap, id love an LS FD or some such. Rather my issue is that people sell the ford motors so short. Nothing that an LS can do that a big inch windsor cant, people just dont bother to do it. The windsor motor is a fantastic platform, and it just doesnt get the credit it deserves.

That's because of ease, convenience, rate of adoption, breadth of available parts and market prices, etc. It's probably more an economic distinction more than a technical one. I think BRUTAL64 said the big tipping point on this was back in the day when Edelbrock decided to focus on SBC over SBF.

But now that you mention it (and because I mortally hate GM) I wonder if one could do a Coyote motor into and FD. That'd be cool; a smooth DOHC in an FD.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #24
Super Moderator

I just wanna go really really fast.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Nothing that an LS can do that a big inch windsor cant, people just dont bother to do it.
I'm really trying not to be a fan boy, I'll include the Coyote if it makes you feel better because it makes my point too. 400 hp stock and 20mpg...just sayin'
Old 05-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #26

Yeah, but if youre doing a swap into a different car, what does stock performance have to do with anything? Again, not hating on the LS, Hell, look what im driving. Just wish the windsor would get a little credit sometimes, ive built some affordable and very strong windsors, if you know which parts to replace first it can economically viable as well.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, but if youre doing a swap into a different car, what does stock performance have to do with anything? Again, not hating on the LS, Hell, look what im driving. Just wish the windsor would get a little credit sometimes, ive built some affordable and very strong windsors, if you know which parts to replace first it can economically viable as well.
I'm with Sonic only because BBFs and SBFs can be built cheaply too. It wouldn't be worth the headache of swap headers, mounts, and custom wiring/ throttle actuation to swap in a motor that didn't fit (IF I had another option). But I could care less about putting a GM engine in a Ford. That is the description of virtually every 32 roadster out there.

I thought about going LS in my car, but went SBC because I didn't want to deal with everything I said above. ...Though, gas was low $2 a gallon at the time.

If I had a fox body, I would build the 5.slow with a centrifugal blower. That car just isn't pretty enough to derserve an LS motor. Haha, sorry Shaolin.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #28

Quote:
No I know what you mean, but you said "NOTHING" lol