Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Graphics B*tch

Default Ford Raptor and Cobra Jet!!!!

Ford reveals the SVT F-150 Raptor and the Cobra Jet Mustang at SEMA. The Cobra Jet is more of a purpose built car but if you can afford it, it would probably be fun to drive.

Both look pretty impressive. The Raptor is very enticing for me. This truck appears to be a true off-road truck straight off the dealership floor. Could it be better, sure but this is solid as is unlike some of the previous "off-road extreme" trucks.

I love the fact that Ford seems to be going in the right direction for their vehicle lineup. More quality cars/trucks with the design that is vastly improved from previous years.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 11-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Enjoy it while it lasts. There will be ever stricter CAFE standards pretty soon that will end vehicles like this. And/or there will be astronomical "guzzler" taxes. Gotta save the planet.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #3

Aw man....the Cobra Jet. That takes me back to 1977. I was a Freshman at Fullerton College. Still driving my first car, a 1967 Mustang that I bought for $350 bucks. It barely ran. I put many loving hours and hard earned dollars into that sucker and loved it......until I saw the ad board at the FC student center.

FOR SALE
1968 428 CJ Fastback Mustang $1800

GAWWWWWD did I want that car!! I thought about it, day and night for 2 weeks. Every day I went back to that board and stared at the ad, wondering how I could pay for that sucker. Grades definitely suffered during that period.
Unfortunately, I was (and still am for the most part) too practical and, it wasn't to be.
I settled for a 1970 Fastback Mustang with a smaller, more economical 302 V8 (which was still pretty cool), but will always wonder what might have been. sniff

Fast forward 30 some odd years to my impending mid life-crisis. (You guys DO realize that 50 is the new 35....DON'T YOU??). Maybe I could pull it off.

All I have to do is convince Mrs. Gunfish that it would be a great daily driver and cheaper than a mistress.

Whaddya think....do I have a shot?? Even a little one???
Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Aw man....the Cobra Jet. That takes me back to 1977. I was a Freshman at Fullerton College. Still driving my first car, a 1967 Mustang that I bought for $350 bucks. It barely ran. I put many loving hours and hard earned dollars into that sucker and loved it......until I saw the ad board at the FC student center.

FOR SALE

GAWWWWWD did I want that car!! I thought about it, day and night for 2 weeks. Every day I went back to that board and stared at the ad, wondering how I could pay for that sucker. Grades definitely suffered during that period.
Unfortunately, I was (and still am for the most part) too practical and, it wasn't to be.
I settled for a 1970 Fastback Mustang with a smaller, more economical 302 V8 (which was still pretty cool), but will always wonder what might have been. sniff

Fast forward 30 some odd years to my impending mid life-crisis. (You guys DO realize that 50 is the new 35....DON'T YOU??). Maybe I could pull it off.

All I have to do is convince Mrs. Gunfish that it would be a great daily driver and cheaper than a mistress.

Sure you have a shot... at divorce. I hear the what if stories form my dad all the time. Had a 67 fastback and a 68 torino, I think. That is why my Mach1 will never be sold. Well that and it will look great next to my Dad's '72. Just rememebr about the car though. Unlike a wife she will not treat you badly, never complain, and never get upset for riding her hard and putting her away unsatisfied... but she will cause you to loose half of your stuff.

PS- I was born in '77, man you are old!!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 11-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post

FOR SALE

I'll tell you how I ended up with my 70 Mach 1 R code Cobrajet. I had a 65 convertible that was in the middle of a pretty extensive build. I had a 68 GT/CS that was getting an engine rebuild with forged internals, roller cam, and a blower. But in the meantime I had no Mustang I could drive. So I found a numbers matching, 65K original mile, yellow with black stripes and shaker hood, Cobrajet. I convinced my wife it was an investment that I could drive until I got my other cars on the road, then sell for a profit. She went for it. You gotta love that woman. On second thought, don't even try. She's mine, all mine.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
PS- I was born in '77, man you are old!!

But see, that's why I can have a mid life crisis....and also I'm almost eligible for senior discounts.....

Last edited by gunfish : 11-09-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added content
Old 11-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

Freind of mine just saw a pair of those cuties run at Pomona today. John Force ran a 10.81 cause he couldnt shift and the other ran a 10.41 both were stock with slicks