Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #1

Default Anyone else watch Wipeout?

I wasn't planning on watching it tonight (mainly because I didn't know it was on), but I happened to catch it at the beginning and decided to see how it was.

At first, it seemed pretty lame - comparable to the new American Gladiators with the incredibly cheezy announcers and play by play - not many good jokes and some lame falls. But as the show went on the announcers' lines started to fall into line with those of MXC. The commentators don't go as far as MXC or have as many sexual innuendos, but there were some pretty good one-liners. Also, the "Big Balls" obstacle (I'm sure most of you who have seen the previews know what I'm talking about) was by far the best and I found myself laughing for a full minute after a few of the failed landings and bad falls.

Overall, I'd say it deserves a B/B+ for the decent announcing and some very painful spills that just make you laugh out loud. If you're a fan of MXC, you may be a bit disappointed by it, but it's at least worth a try. If you don't know anything about MXC, I'd say definitely check out Wipeout next time it's on (which I would guess is next Tuesday at 8pm on ABC).
Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

Yeah I caught it tonight and I was actually fairly impressed. I really didn't think it would stand up to MXC but I found my self laughing quite a bit especially on the big balls obstical and the announcers really weren't half bad IMO.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithc View Post
I wasn't planning on watching it tonight (mainly because I didn't know it was on), but I happened to catch it at the beginning and decided to see how it was.

At first, it seemed pretty lame - comparable to the new American Gladiators with the incredibly cheezy announcers and play by play - not many good jokes and some lame falls. But as the show went on the announcers' lines started to fall into line with those of MXC. The commentators don't go as far as MXC or have as many sexual innuendos, but there were some pretty good one-liners. Also, the "Big Balls" obstacle (I'm sure most of you who have seen the previews know what I'm talking about) was by far the best and I found myself laughing for a full minute after a few of the failed landings and bad falls.

Overall, I'd say it deserves a B/B+ for the decent announcing and some very painful spills that just make you laugh out loud. If you're a fan of MXC, you may be a bit disappointed by it, but it's at least worth a try. If you don't know anything about MXC, I'd say definitely check out Wipeout next time it's on (which I would guess is next Tuesday at 8pm on ABC).
Damn it, I knew I missed it. I have been looking forward to it for weeks now. Sean thinks I'm what is wrong with the American public and it's likes for horrible TV....I just find it a good escape from reality. Tehe, I have to catch it next week. I can't wait!