Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #311
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You guys rock!

Not sure if you guys have an action plan for the flanges. I was going to cut a groove around the foam, and dip the edge of the glass into the groove, pop it off, then lay pieces from the back side and use pieces of wood to get the right angle.

So are you guys going to run that wooden plastic glass bundle as the front bumper or just use it as a mold?
The front and back above is just a buck, not even the mold. We'll cast the mold off these "patterns".

Thanks for the suggestion on the flanges.

Flares:
We're considering not using any flares. My research indicates a 28x10 on a 9.5x15 is about the biggest wheel/tire comb we can get under there. I'm thinking a full 10" slick is enough for our modest 450~whp. I'd actually like this better, keeping the stock front and rear "flaring".

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #312
Graphics B*tch

Ben,

You and your brother are doing a great job! The pieces look good.

Flares:

Go big or go home!!! Flare those things and stick a fat tire under there.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #313

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

bump:

I just read through this whole thread - I'm trying to catch up on everything with the project - I love all the ideas everyone has come up with. The body work looks great so far too

Any projection as far as paint time? I'll be back state-side in November and would really like to contribute with some of the "knuckle-dragger" work. I'll have nothing but time on my hands for at least a couple of months.

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #314
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
bump:

I just read through this whole thread - I'm trying to catch up on everything with the project - I love all the ideas everyone has come up with. The body work looks great so far too

Any projection as far as paint time? I'll be back state-side in November and would really like to contribute with some of the "knuckle-dragger" work. I'll have nothing but time on my hands for at least a couple of months.
We'll see how things unfold over the summer and into the fall. I have limited control over my schedule and available funds are lean at the moment, so I'd say there's a decent chance there will still be something left to do around then.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #315
Super Moderator

Thought on the firewall. If you want it to look all pretty and special, rather than filling up those holes you should cut out a big piece, punch a hole for the steering and brakes and weld it or rivet it over or in place of the stock wall. Will look a lot more clean and save hours of welding and sanding and body work.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #316
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Thought on the firewall. If you want it to look all pretty and special, rather than filling up those holes you should cut out a big piece, punch a hole for the steering and brakes and weld it or rivet it over or in place of the stock wall. Will look a lot more clean and save hours of welding and sanding and body work.
Don't think it'd blend with the many contours, studs and holes of the rest of the engine compartment. But I know where you're coming from.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #317
Super Moderator

That rear bumper is 5 mins away from being glass ready, have you guys done anything to it?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #318
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
That rear bumper is 5 mins away from being glass ready, have you guys done anything to it?
No. The rear bumper is your ball game. So when you coming over to cast a mold?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #319
Power's off.

Quote:
Good call Adam.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #320

Send a message via AIM to kameleongt

Let me know if YOU guys need any other supplies part #'s work best I should be able to give you close to my price on everything.