Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #141
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
It's suppose to be cold on saturday.
LOL, I hate you
Old 03-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #142
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
LOL, I hate you
You know I didn't mean any disrespect. Just watchin out for ya.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #143
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
You know I didn't mean any disrespect. Just watchin out for ya.
I know buddy. You're coming tomorrow, right?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #144
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
What time are we starting? I really want to learn the body work stuff so I want to be there at the beginning.
I'd say no earlier than 11. Honestly the first parts are going to be a lot of setup and head scrtching, just getting it up in the air for easier working. A lot of cleaning . . . on second thought be there at 11 and get ready to be dirty. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #145
Neanderthal

Quote:
I know buddy. You're coming tomorrow, right?
No, I had no plans to go anywhere on Saturday. Just what you guys need, me telling you are doing everything all wrong.

Anyway, it's going to be too cold.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #146
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameleongt View Post
I'll drop off a gal of rage extreme,what glaze did you guys want?, ill have a few rolls of each grit for you guys also
I think we're good for glaze at the moment. We'll have a meeting of the minds tomorrow on what kind of filler we like to use according to the work to be done. enkei was voicing some concern about using rage on anything that flexes. I know nothing about this subject so it's all new to me. Tomorrow, we'll mostly just be setting it up, cleaning and beginning the scuffing process as well as thinking about what we really want the bumpers and flares to look like.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #147
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I think we're good for glaze at the moment. We'll have a meeting of the minds tomorrow on what kind of filler we like to use according to the work to be done. enkei was voicing some concern about using rage on anything that flexes. I know nothing about this subject so it's all new to me. Tomorrow, we'll mostly just be setting it up, cleaning and beginning the scuffing process as well as thinking about what we really want the bumpers and flares to look like.
You don't need any help from me? You know how I do body work.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #148

Send a message via AIM to kameleongt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

I have some rage gold with me and ill have it at my buddies house down the street incase you guys want to try it or need it

Old 03-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #149
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameleongt View Post
I have some rage gold with me and ill have it at my buddies house down the street incase you guys want to try it or need it
Cool. My brother filled me in on Rage a bit.

Rage will be used for skim coating, filling in small imperfections, etc. Not for "bonding", major dings and certainly nothing structural.

When Aaron shows up around 5-6 we can review material usage and make sure we're all on the same page and have a common understanding.

So we'll focus on just the labor bits of cleaning, stripping, scuffing and the like. Then pondering what kind of bumpers we want. We'll hold off on "flare" discussion until Aaron gets there because he's had some other thoughts, but there's plenty to do until then for sure.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #150

Send a message via AIM to kameleongt

I will most likely roll by around 12 ish see if you guys are out there :x i will be at my buddies down the street at 8 in the morning working on some stuff with him. feel free to give me a call and ill roll by anytime after 10 numbers 7147206865 `Art