Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Paint Question for enkei

Or whoever.

I don't want to lay out major cash for a repaint of the whole Vette right now, but if I could color match and repaint one of the roof panels and the front bumper without it looking like two different colors, I think I'd like to do it. My Vette is a kind of Arctic white. Can this be matched well?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Judging by the paint on the Cobra, I'd say no. Paul (LS1Z28) says White is the hardest color to match.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Judging by the paint on the Cobra, I'd say no. Paul (LS1Z28) says White is the hardest color to match.
That's what I was afraid of. Though it would be more of a holding pattern for a few years rather than a "permanent" fix, and I'm probably not quite as picky as you about paint. Probably focus on other basic stuff for a while.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Your paint is in better shape than the paint on my vette.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 05-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Your paint is in better shape than the paint on my vette.
This is an old pic. One of the roof panels and bumper has lots of bare spots showing through. I'll snap some pics tonight if I get a chance.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Talk to Phil. His guys color matched the Cobra when they painted the trunk perfectly.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Talk to Phil. His guys color matched the Cobra when they painted the trunk perfectly.
Thanks. I'm curious what it'd be just to match and spray. I can do the initial prep.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Thanks. I'm curious what it'd be just to match and spray. I can do the initial prep.
They were going to charge me $200 to do my trunk but that's the brother discount. I'll call him today about it and have him get in touch with you.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Ben, I would let them use their primer on it. I wouldn't think white would be so hard to paint match, unless you're anal like Sean. Then again I have no experience paint matching.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ben, I would let them use their primer on it. I wouldn't think white would be so hard to paint match, unless you're anal like Sean. Then again I have no experience paint matching.
I guess I could just bring the panel and bumper with the white that's on it and say "make it the same color all over." One Q. What about the "flex coat" or whatever it's called for the bumper, which apparently is some kind of polyurethane? I was sort of under the impression this had to be stripped of the paint and recoated with something a little special ???

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)