Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
While I think it's sad to lose something of a little extra special value like that, it's his car and it's time to go. Look at it from a cosmic POV, all of existence is cycles of creation and destruction.

YouTube- Sand Mandala Dissolution Ceremony
Yea, possibly---but as you said it HIS vehicle. Still the paint job is of interest.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #12

Is the owner smoking crack? He could easily sell the car and start over on another one.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 03-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #13

If you zoom in on the pictures you can see the car does need to be repainted. There are cracks in the paint in several parts of the car that you can hang a dime in. The paint is very thick and cracking. I agree that the paint job was cool but it's time is up. I think the problem was more paint prep, then it was lack of maintenance. The inside of this car is done up as well. This guy put alot of money into this car at one time and is willing to do it again, so he obviously has some attachment to this car. How many of you have owned the same car for twenty or thirty years? Those of you that have know that they go through cycles. Things get old and wear out with time and use, also peoples needs and what they are into change. What you were into 10 or 15 years ago does not necessarily suite your needs today. I would love to here some things that everyone did to their cars back in the eighty's or any decade for that matter, that they might not want to roll today.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy View Post
If you zoom in on the pictures you can see the car does need to be repainted. There are cracks in the paint in several parts of the car that you can hang a dime in. The paint is very thick and cracking. I agree that the paint job was cool but it's time is up. I think the problem was more paint prep, then it was lack of maintenance. The inside of this car is done up as well. This guy put alot of money into this car at one time and is willing to do it again, so he obviously has some attachment to this car. How many of you have owned the same car for twenty or thirty years? Those of you that have know that they go through cycles. Things get old and wear out with time and use, also peoples needs and what they are into change. What you were into 10 or 15 years ago does not necessarily suite your needs today. I would love to here some things that everyone did to their cars back in the eighty's or any decade for that matter, that they might not want to roll today.
Makes sense.

I've had my Vette for 38 years. It has been Yellow, then light gray primer and then Black primer. So my stages are still to come.
2016 Nissan Altma