Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #1

Default Problems logging in and navagating the site!

I don't know what the problem is, but it takes forever for me to log into this site and afterwards, it takes forever to navigate from page to page. I don't have this problem with other sites. Any ideas?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax305 View Post
I don't know what the problem is, but it takes forever for me to log into this site and afterwards, it takes forever to navigate from page to page. I don't have this problem with other sites. Any ideas?
Is this a recent problem or was it ever thus?
Are you behind any kind of firewall?
After browsing the site for a while is it still slow?
What computer (Mac/PC) OS are you on?
What browser are you using?

There have been some recent troubles with Adobe's Flash plugin and Firefox in particular that may have caused these problems in the last month or so.

I know this is not a general problem. It's something between your specific system and the site. I'm not saying it's all your computer, just that it's not a universal problem. The server itself is located practically on a backbone in SoCal. My connection is almost instant.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #3

Mine is quick to log-in and browse.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Is this a recent problem or was it ever thus?
Are you behind any kind of firewall?
After browsing the site for a while is it still slow?
What computer (Mac/PC) OS are you on?
What browser are you using?

There have been some recent troubles with Adobe's Flash plugin and Firefox in particular that may have caused these problems in the last month or so.

I know this is not a general problem. It's something between your specific system and the site. I'm not saying it's all your computer, just that it's not a universal problem. The server itself is located practically on a backbone in SoCal. My connection is almost instant.
I have McAfee firewall. Yes, browsing is still slow even after I have been on a while. I have had this problem with this site for quite a while now. I have Windows xp and Internet explorer 8 as a web browser.

Doyle
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I have McAfee firewall. Yes, browsing is still slow even after I have been on a while. I have had this problem with this site for quite a while now. I have Windows xp and Internet explorer 8 as a web browser.

Doyle
Mmm.

If you don't mind, try turning off the firewall briefly and/or installing and using FireFox. Just curious to isolate the conflict.

If you're browsing threads that have lots of links to external resources (i.e., pics hosted elsewhere, links to other sites) the load time would be increasingly dependent on that linked data going through your firewall, but that would be true for all sites.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #6

I shut down the firewall protection, it really didn't make any difference. The problem still exists...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I have a fairly slow connection (tethered from my phone) this site is very fast to load and log in. Vista and Google Chrome.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
Graphics B*tch

IT guys have told me to use Google Chrome or Firefox for a browser.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I shut down the firewall protection, it really didn't make any difference. The problem still exists...
We'll be doing a major upgrade of the underlying system within a month. Let's revisit this at that time and see if it goes away with that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #10

OK, thanks for all the help guys, I'll continue to work with it on my end and let you know If I get it figured out.

Doyle