Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Like you were 99% sure about port frequency
I was wrong.

Quote:
and smogging an LS1 in an RX7?
I'm right. It's not so much the "law" as how the guidelines are typically interpreted. Punk.

Quote:
I guess they are 1.7ish, sort of. You can go to a 1.8 then, you get my point. Looks like Crane 1.7s are effectively 1.8.
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...rms/index.html
Oky doky.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
Super Moderator

I think you need to quit crying about your high compression, sell those heads, buy some AFRs and drop the CR down to 9:1, and install a CARB legal Procharger.

Then you will own this forum, in more ways than one.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I think you need to quit crying about your high compression, sell those heads, buy some AFRs and drop the CR down to 9:1, and install a CARB legal Procharger.

I've thought about it . . . It's just money. I've got some but it goes to business first, Snake 2nd, the Vette about last and there isn't enough to stretch that far now. I've also thought about selling the Vette and just focus on biz for a while and come back to hobby stuff later. The market is crap though and wouldn't bring much of a price. Fortunately I'm not desperate so I don't have to move anything. Decisions decisions.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Like you were 99% sure about port frequency and smogging an LS1 in an RX7? Hahahahaha. JK.

I guess they are 1.7ish, sort of. You can go to a 1.8 then, you get my point. Looks like Crane 1.7s are effectively 1.8.
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...rms/index.html

I'm not a fan of that publication as I don't trust their testing.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:

See above, I also don't trust AFR and their big claims. All I hear from them is "imagine this" and "what if" that...... no hard evidence unless they control the pre determined outcome.

Look at Profiler heads, at least they were developed by a professional.

OR Dart heads. I spent a few days with the CEO of Dart not too long ago, he took me on a personal tour of all their factories and such. I think they are a great product.

Additionally, I am involved with running probably the biggest head test ever done, and the most fair, and I know the demands made by companies. Let's just say Dart and Profiler gave heads unconditionally. Others had all kinds of stipulations......
Old 05-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
See above, I also don't trust AFR and their big claims. All I hear from them is "imagine this" and "what if" that...... no hard evidence unless they control the pre determined outcome.

Look at Profiler heads, at least they were developed by a professional.

OR Dart heads. I spent a few days with the CEO of Dart not too long ago, he took me on a personal tour of all their factories and such. I think they are a great product.

Additionally, I am involved with running probably the biggest head test ever done, and the most fair, and I know the demands made by companies. Let's just say Dart and Profiler gave heads unconditionally. Others had all kinds of stipulations......
Here in the People's Republic everything visible that's aftermarket has at have an E.O. No. (CARB cert.) I don't know if any of those heads are, though I think AFRs are. Heck, I'm running ported and milled truck heads that I had stamped with the correct casting numbers just in case any ref/smogger go nosey.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #17
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Here in the People's Republic everything visible that's aftermarket has at have an E.O. No. (CARB cert.) I don't know if any of those heads are, though I think AFRs are.
Lots of indefinates there! Should find out, I suspect if one is they all will be and vice versa.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
Lots of indefinates there! Should find out, I suspect if one is they all will be and vice versa.
A quick look indicates Profiler and Dart are not CARB legal, TrickFlow and AFR are.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Get the TFS.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #20
Super Moderator

I've heard only good things about Trick Flow. The AFRs that came out after mine did have some valve issues, but that was for a 1st gen SBC. I have no idea about their LS stuff.