Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Why I like the Lexus LFA

Is it hte fastest car in the world? No. Does it provide great perofrmance value? Uh, no.

But I think it's a pretty damn good looking car and there's nothing quite like it. It's got a lot of pretty slick tech. But the real reason is I think it has one of the best sounding engines in the world. It REALLY sounds like the old V10 F1 cars. If I were a mad baller, I'd have one in the stable.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Not a huge fan. I think the design is okay. The engine is kind of cool, but you have to rev the piss out of it to make power. It only has a single clutch paddle shift transmission that reviewers have said isn't that great compared to others in the class (kind of clunky). I think in Road and Track it only ran 11.6@125 in the quarter which again for a car in that class is not that impressive. It's kind of cool, but for 350k I can think of lots of other cars I'd buy first.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Except for styling observation, all (standard) objectively valid points. For me, it really is the sound that makes it. I don't know of another supercar that truly sounds like a V10 F1. It is definitely expensive even for what it is and even at that they're being sold at a loss. It was all just to make a Halo car and be a technical test bed. For that purpose I think it's successful enough.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #4

350k is ridiculous even for lexus