Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Old Mopars were cool, pigs, big heavy straight line pigs, but very cool. The 70 Challenger is one of my favorite cars.

And for a while Dodge didn't have a damn thing other than their supercar, which Tony B told me was notorious for overheating. He's owned 5 and said that 4 of them have overheated. If you wanted a V8 RWD Mopar product the best you could get was a Dakota.

They're getting back in the game with their V8 RWD line up, the 300 and the Charger etc. But those cars are still big heavy straight line pigs.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
Progeny of the Great Apocolypse

1) Might I remind you that the Viper has won Lemans on numerous occasions.

2) Every great leap in engine tech that is normally attributed to another company was actually Mopar first. Overhead Valve V8's, Fuel Injection, Big blocks, electronic ignition and the HEMI....

3) In 1964 Plymouth made a care that could be bought from a dealer and with the addition of slicks would run 10's. The Belvedere 426 Max wedge....

Besides the Cuda is coming.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon
. . . Besides the Cuda is coming.
Que?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #14

Default haha

Thats funny I all ways think of the new Challenger as a Cuda cause it is definitely styled after a 1970 Cuda and not a Challenger. Seeing how the Plymouth line is dead it's a Dodge Challenger. So to correct my earlier statement.

Besides the Challenger is coming
Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Death Cult, you're biased and crazy. The Viper is a bad mother f*cker, so is the Challenger, Cuda... whatever etc. My Dodge Neon is a piece of sh*t. I'd trust it about as far as I could throw it. If I had to rely on one of my cars to make it across the country I'd take the Vette first, my dirtbike second, and if I was able to travel along the ocean on one of my jet skiis I'd take either one of them before I took the Neon.

You can't make definitive statements like "MOPAR is by far the best, just so everyone knows." Unless you're prepared to back it up. And you can't. BTW did I mention that my Neon was up in the air the other day? PS pressure switch failure. And two weeks before that for the O2 sensor, and the AC system recently took a sh*t. I'm going to have fun diagnosing that.

If you want to say something like MOPAR is one of the leading manufacturers of performance American cars, well you might get away with it. But you think that you can justify one company being "the best" by pulling up a few examples of decent accomplishments that the company has made over the last half a century? Give me a break.

You're trying to talk down on Sean's Cobra in the other thread because it's a Ford? Granted most of the Ford's from the 80s sucked, and everyone that I've ever known with a Taurus has had a transmission overhaul, but the Cobra is a bad ass car. I'm guessing next you'll try to find something wrong with the Ford GT. Every car has to be looked at individually, I like Chevy, but I'd NEVER buy an HHR. And I love Vipers, but my DODGE neon is a POS.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #16

Post Wo

I will never make a humerus statement ever again. I will indeed endeavor to make sure that all my statements follow the protocol of proper English usage. I will also take great pains to insure that I follow all rules pertaining to the usage of argumentative statements in the written language. I.e. or ,Z.b. if you prefer German acronyms, avoiding the usage of slippery slope arguments and or broad generalization. Sorry for the inconvenience of my prior statements
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
I will never make a humerus statement ever again. I will indeed endeavor to make sure that all my statements follow the protocol of proper English usage. I will also take great pains to insure that I follow all rules pertaining to the usage of argumentative statements in the written language. I.e. or ,Z.b. if you prefer German acronyms, avoiding the usage of slippery slope arguments and or broad generalization. Sorry for the inconvenience of my prior statements
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Awesome - our first fight on the forum. It makes the whole thing so legitimate
Old 01-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #19

Default I'm funny

Just fun man
Old 02-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . voiding the usage of slippery slope arguments and or broad generalization.
I specialize in broad generalizations.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)