Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default A Few Pics from the Fatherland

As you may recall from history, there was a bit of an internationl misunderstanding called WWII. In response to us bombing the ever-living crap out of the Germans, they built some fairly spectacular bunkers. The pictures do no justice to just how much they dominate the landscape.

Right Outside my Hotel

From the tower at St. Michael.

Another pic from the tower.

St. Michael himself:

Ah, everyone needs a shop where they can buy vintage Anglo-Saxxon/Viking costumes and weapons:

A picture entering the port area:

On my day off, we went to a little place called Minature Land (I think). It was pretty cool. Waiting in line, you could buy hot dogs:

Some displays from inside mini-land

Some Germans have excellent taste

My British colleague thought I should see some additional sights from Die Reeperbahn. It's best there are no pictures from that little excursion. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Looks pretty beautiful actually. I would love to go there just for the history. Are you actually staying in St. Michael?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Looks pretty beautiful actually. I would love to go there just for the history. Are you actually staying in St. Michael?
St. Michael's is a small (by Euro standards) cathedral. I was at NH Hotel. I'm in London now. London is truly one of the great cities in the world. Every one who is able should travel outside their home country at some point in their lives. It's a great experience for which there is no substitute. Given the current exchange rate though, and the fact that the big European cities aren't cheap to begin with, now is not such a great time. A very average lunch in London will $10-15. A couple pints of ale and glass of scotch and you're out $20. More is more. . . fast. Basically all German cities are certainly cheaper than London though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)