Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Dyno Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Factory Rating: 210hp and 223lb/ft
Dyno Results: 197rwhp and 227lb/ft

The drivetrain is so efficient it actually increases the torque

Here is the graph:

And the text from the article:

"As much as we're impressed by the Hyundai Genesis Coupe and its big, optional V6 engine, it's the little 2.0-liter turbocharged four banger that we're most excited about. The idea of a (relatively) lightweight and inexpensive rear-wheel drive coupe with a six-speed manual transmission is enough to make us weak in the knees, and the fact that it comes in a nice looking wrapper is an added bonus. Inside Line managed to score an early example from Hyundai equipped just the way we like it, and their testers have kindly strapped it on the dyno.

Fortunately, the results don't disappoint, with the force-fed motor putting out 197 horsepower at the rear wheel and a peak of 227 lb-ft of torque at just 2500 rpm. Those figures compare very favorably with Hyundai's factory ratings of 210 ponies and 223 lb-ft, meaning that this little Korean's power is probably underrated by a fair margin. Looking at the graphs, it's also clear that there's plenty more to be extracted with a bit of tuning and a proper (uncrimped) exhaust system."
Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #2

yup it my baby :-D !!

to say the least these numbers where way better then what i predicted which was 175-180hp and 190-200tq. so im happy :-)

also this upcoming weekend-till all next week the 2.0T gen coupes will start hitting dealers on a bigger scale.

also 3 days ago was the first day that genesisforums.org had members that finally owned gen coupes haha but there all weenie V6 models :-(

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
yup it my baby :-D !!

to say the least these numbers where way better then what i predicted which was 175-180hp and 190-200tq. so im happy :-)

also this upcoming weekend-till all next week the 2.0T gen coupes will start hitting dealers on a bigger scale.

also 3 days ago was the first day that genesisforums.org had members that finally owned gen coupes haha but there all weenie V6 models :-(
I'm impressed too. I think this is the first time I can remember where the rwtq number was higher than the claimed flywheel tq number
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Yeah, but look how much it falls off from peak. Something isn't breathing all that well. If it could plateau around there into the 5k range it'd be more like 220WHP, which would be noticeable.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm impressed too. I think this is the first time I can remember where the rwtq number was higher than the claimed flywheel tq number
i know its pretty cool, also if you look at some of the components of the car its like WTF!! hyundai was really trying to underrate this car.

some of the intercooler piping is funky

the intake assembly is choking as hell!!

the turbo and assembly is the size of a right testical

the intercooler is skinny as hell

the injectors at REALLY small- when AEM tested them out they where found to be at 95-100% duty cycle so they where maxed out on the stock set up at stock boost!!!! meaning if you ad an intake or up the boost even 2 psi its gonna get a fuel cut!!

and the exhaust is the usual 2" dual cat bs u see on every car but in the middle section there is a body bar that has way more then enough room for a 3" exhaust system but hyundai desided to crimp the stock exhaust from 2" piping to about 1.5".

for real hyundai wants people to mod the shit outta this car by limiting there stock parts so much, most companys would give themselves a lil bit of play space with stuff like that on a turbo car, but hyundai maxed them out from day 1, i like how they went cheap on the things that most people would toss outta the car anyway very smart move on there part.

so far to get the car above stock power its looking like you gonna have to go in this order for the first mods-
-injectors
-exhaust
-intake
-boost

Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah, but look how much it falls off from peak. Something isn't breathing all that well. If it could plateau around there into the 5k range it'd be more like 220WHP, which would be noticeable.
good sir that is a bitch sized turbo, im sure the 90's turbo eclipse turbo's where bigger. thats why it has nice torque but dies off like so many indian populations stricken with small pox.

its cool to see a different take on a performance car that isnt the evo.

like really that turbo isnt gonna get more then 260-270hp with all bolt ons and crap on pump gas. on e85 or equivelent id put that turbo at 300-320 at most, anything more then that i predict it will be spinning to fast for its own good at high amounts of boost and grenade itself, it happend plenty of times in eclipse land!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post

the injectors at REALLY small- when AEM tested them out they where found to be at 95-100% duty cycle so they where maxed out on the stock set up at stock boost!!!! meaning if you ad an intake or up the boost even 2 psi its gonna get a fuel cut!!
I wish they had left a little more room than that, it would have been nice to be able to turn the boost up a few more pounds and not have to swap out injectors.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I wish they had left a little more room than that, it would have been nice to be able to turn the boost up a few more pounds and not have to swap out injectors.
So, now it's become a girls car?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
So, now it's become a girls car?
No, I still think it's a damn impressive vehicle. I'd love to see Hyundai throw the 4.6 DOHC V8 from the Genesis Sedan in one though at some point
Old 03-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #10

lol naw not a girls car...unless its stock, it says hey i can go easy on you if you go easy on me......of if you start tearing it apeart it will tear you aparts thats how i feel the 2.0T comes off as haha.

also injectors are easy to swap out especially on a front to back pointing engine, and with how common flashing is becoming once a suitable program comes out sky's the limit, ive already found out that my 1200cc or 114lb injectors swap right in this thing so e85 here i come!!! :-D

-sean

as for the v8 swap in korea some people are trying to work it out but i think it will be the americans that more successfully shove that 400+hp v8 in the coupe....as much as i love 4cyl turbo cars.....the idea of an over sea's proper muscle car tingle my fancy really nice.

its like the reliablity and build quality of an asian car with the muscle of a V8 damn thats kinda hot......if im talking a lil wierd im sorry my st. patricks weeks hasnt quite ended yet......gotta love spring break and guiness for college kids :-D

by the way the kegs get filled friday for my saturday pool party hopefully its this hot on saturday :-D drunk white chicks for everyone!!