Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #91

Send a message via AIM to Brodom

Was going to be simple and just do H&R Super Sport Springs (owned) and lower my car...but now in fear of blowing on my factory shocks with in a year I now need to buy Tokico blue Shocks and Struts (at least this is what i have been told will happen) and Motorcraft cast and camber plates...some don't need them apparently but I'll play it safe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pony eats rice for breakfast...
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #92
pain's fun, hit me again

Are you shocks/struts totally hammered? I know tons of people who lower their cars on the factory dampeners, unless your car has high miles and they are original i still dont forsee it being a huge problem. Sure there are better options out there but you will most likely need C/C plates.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #93
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodom View Post
Was going to be simple and just do H&R Super Sport Springs (owned) and lower my car...but now in fear of blowing on my factory shocks with in a year I now need to buy Tokico blue Shocks and Struts (at least this is what i have been told will happen) and Motorcraft cast and camber plates...some don't need them apparently but I'll play it safe...
What Shaolin Crane said. I have Steeda Sport Springs on the front of my Mustang with stock shocks and I only got C/C Plates to get a better alignment (I recommend this).

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 03-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #94

My car only has 76,000miles and the ride is fine (original shocks I'm pretty sure), but because the shocks would be constantly compressed wouldn't that cause them to wear faster? I also heard if you don't change shocks and struts the ride is really bouncy on lowering springs...but I suppose that depends on the springs...I'd like to try just springs and CC plates first, and get shocks and struts only if needed or the ride is horrible. Then again I'd rather just do it all at once if that's what it comes down too.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
What Shaolin Crane said. I have Steeda Sport Springs on the front of my Mustang with stock shocks and I only got C/C Plates to get a better alignment (I recommend this).
I'll go with what you guys say then, the other people i have heard from don't have Mustangs anyways just general car buffs...I'll get some CC plates today and then I'll go ahead and install my new springs and isolators

Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #96
Fast & Filthy

Having to get caster/camber plates all depends on how much the new springs lower the front end. If the factory plates allow you to get the camber within the spec you want you won't need them. I was just able to get the factory spec out of mine when I installed Progress lowering springs on my Cobra years ago. I now have H&R springs but I run more camber than the factory spec is.

Also, the struts won't be bottomed out even with the lowering springs and wear would be the same no matter if it is lowered or not. The only issue is whether the current strut/shock have enough rebound for the new spring rate. Do you know what the spring rate is on the H&R spring?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #97

H&R springs i got specs are as follows
Front: drop 1.75in. rate 700-760 lb/in
Rear: drop 1.6in. Rate 275-300 lb/in

Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #98
Fast & Filthy

With that much drop you will most likely need the caster/camber plates. Are you sure on those rates? If so, they are pretty stiff and the stock struts/shocks will have a tough time dampening them. You can run the stock ones but a set of the Bilsteins that Maximum Motorsports has would work better.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #99

I dont care to much for a smooth ride and would prefer to feel the road more...and im not loaded with $$$$...i'll get the cc plates and try stock shocks first...if its bad/unbearable i'll get the bilsteins or tokico blues

Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #100
pain's fun, hit me again

Looks like my next mod will be this...

Its a roller, but has cobra brakes in the front, wants 1200 for it as it sits, waiting on more pics and my buddy from sac to go look at it(looks like im getting another car up north) but so far looks to be a good candidate to put my stock engine and tranny in for my lady to start racing again...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!