Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Not a bad option. The cars are light and it seems like everything is ready to go. Granted, no one has parts laying around for these.

Here is something else that I just found. It's not a fox but I looked and didn't find much. Figured I would post other stuff just in case you all change your mind. I know I don't post much on here but I read a lot and have participated a in a few of the cruises
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...647452149.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...646393964.html

OoooO http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...645274607.html Winner?

Nissan 350Z (SOLD): Great for everyday driving and occasional corner carving
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: MREV2, HFC, CAI, Plenum Spacer, Osiris Tune, GR+Pro Coil Overs, SPC alignment

Old 10-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #92
Internet Tough Guy

I think the GT vert is a good option. The GTI over the 325 over the 510. E30 parts are easy to get if you look at the NASA SCCA forums. Lets narrow it down to five cars. Then Ben Ron Phil Guy and I lets have a talk.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #93
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I think the GT vert is a good option. The GTI over the 325 over the 510. E30 parts are easy to get if you look at the NASA SCCA forums. Lets narrow it down to five cars. Then Ben Ron Phil Guy and I lets have a talk.
What's your opinion on staying focused on a Fox only? The GTI has some appeal given that it's lik, uh, pretty much ready, and I bet he'd take $500. Just asking. I generally like to stay narrow on a subject, but that one peeked my curiousity a little.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 10-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #94
Internet Tough Guy

Sticking to the stang only works for me. I just think that there are a few other options that are worth looking into. I don't think that everyone is going to agree on a car. Maybe you and Ron can pick one. I have some funds that I can contribute to car and supplies. Time is what I'm short on.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 10-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #95
pain's fun, hit me again

I have parts and time, but NO money, not with the state trying to extort me.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #96
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Sticking to the stang only works for me. I just think that there are a few other options that are worth looking into. I don't think that everyone is going to agree on a car. Maybe you and Ron can pick one. I have some funds that I can contribute to car and supplies. Time is what I'm short on.
The Fox is fine. I concur with maintain some moderate openness, but Guy is all about the Fox (ha ha Guy Fox, could be a theme, like V) . . . you and Ron are down, and ultimately I'm sorta indifferent, the Fox is just an easy choice. Or at least I thought until I started looking for one.

Regarding the 84 Vert, Guy, you said 87+. Why? Also, most verts are considerably heavier than the coupes they come from, is that also true of the Fox? I would imagine. Weight is a killer on all things performance, especially when the power is lower and there is no ultra trick computer controlled suspensions.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 10-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #97

Quote:
I don't think that everyone is going to agree on a car. .

Hell, we have a hard enough time picking the cruise route and where to eat dinner!!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #98

Quote:
The GTI has some appeal given that it's lik, uh, pretty much ready, and I bet he'd take $500. Just asking. I generally like to stay narrow on a subject, but that one peeked my curiousity a little.
I agree. The only down side is that I doubt that the cage is up to par, and with an already stripped interior, that doesn't leave us much of anything to sell. The good parts are that it is essentially ready, has a very common lug pattern, one that I have an extra set of wheels for, and could run $100 tires that would provide all the grip that this thing would need. It has coilovers. Whether the spring rates are what we need or not, it is cheap and easy to swap springs once you have most coilovers. We could probably sell the borla exhaust for $100, sell the cat for $50 if it still has one, and just make a straight pipe with some POS muffler welded on the end. If anyone has the chance, I would seriously consider looking at this car this week/weekend. I am working double shifts Fri/Sat, and am leaving for the track sunday morning around 5am. But anyone who knows anything about cars should be able to get a good idea of its condition with a quick visit. (As long as we are willing to shade away from the Fox idea) I am not a VW guy and will never own one, but doing a MK2 Golf would be too much fun. I know that it is FWD, but I would bet that it also only weighs about 1800lbs stripped. The only thing better would be a MK1. We would all just have to accept the fact that it would be the slowest car in a straight line...

Old 10-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #99
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The Fox is fine. I concur with maintain some moderate openness, but Guy is all about the Fox (ha ha Guy Fox, could be a theme, like V) . . . you and Ron are down, and ultimately I'm sorta indifferent, the Fox is just an easy choice. Or at least I thought until I started looking for one.

Regarding the 84 Vert, Guy, you said 87+. Why? Also, most verts are considerably heavier than the coupes they come from, is that also true of the Fox? I would imagine. Weight is a killer on all things performance, especially when the power is lower and there is no ultra trick computer controlled suspensions.
The verts are about a 400lb difference than a hatch or coupe version, oddly though they are a near perfect 51/49 weight distribution. The 79-86 cars have a few things not so pleaseant, funky fuel lines, shorter track width in front and rear makes fitting 9" rims VERY difficult, 7.5 rear end, weaker transmission, engine puts out about 50hp less, carb, pistons are a true flat top without vale relief which makes even putting gt40 heads on impossible. Shocks and struts are better on the later cars, to name a few
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 10-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #100

Quote:
I would prefer a rear wheel drive over a front wheel drive, but I am ok either way. If it has wheels or tits I can drive it.