Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #21

Ron and I went out for a night Run on Thurs. at about 4:00 p.m. We went out of Silverwood Lake and up to Big Bear. We had a blast. It was a long night, we did not get home until 12:30 a.m. Before we even got to the tough stuff, we came across two guys in a Titan who had been stuck in a mud hole for over two hours. I winched them out and we headed up Dishpan Springs in the dark. There was a lot of mud and some snow on the trail. The trails were rutted and difficult, at one point on the road going out, Ron hit a mud hole and sunk to his doors.

http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/500...ns_truck_2.jpg
http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/500...rons_truck.jpg
http://www.motorgen.com/pic/data/500...2011191022.jpg
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #22

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #23

Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #24
Fast & Filthy

The mud sucked me in! I was in two wheel drive and we were on the main road which is usaully a grated road that cars drive up to get to the camp grounds. We came around a corner and the rear tires slid into the mud. I then put it in four wheel drive but couldn't go forward. So I tried to go full throttle backwards and the drivers side slid deeper into the mud. I could rock the truck about 6 inches forward and backwards but didn't have the power to pull through it. Phil hooked up a tow strap and was able to pull me backwards out of it. However, I had to drive through a little bit of it to get to dry dirt and in the process I snapped my front drivers side axle u-joint. I didn't have a spare axle so I just removed the inner shaft and blocked the tube off with a rag so I could get home.

Phil also didn't mention that he got stuck. The trail was quite slick in some sections and one of those was a rocky hill. Phil was working his way up it when his truck slid sideways in the mud and pinned his axles on two decent size rocks. I was able to get around him so that he could hook his winch up to my bumper and pull his truck off the rocks.

Once we got to the top of that section he started to play around on some large rocks (one was about 3.5ft high) when he slid sideways again to the point where he was close to rolling over. We spent about an hour moving, digging and stacking rocks so that he could try and back up. We also hooked a tow strap to my truck and I tried to pull him sideway but only moved his truck about an inch. We were worried that once he started backing up that he would slide off the rocks and roll but he was able to just back right back down.

It was a very enjoyable night. I have a lot of fun night wheeling.

Last edited by 94cobra69ss396 : 03-15-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #25

I don't know to many other dads who would head up to the mountains to go four wheeling on a Thurs. night with five children. At least we know what were doing (most the time), and we go prepared with what we need to get in and out. There was not a ton of snow anyway, just a lot of mud and ruts.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Looks like a hoot guys. One of things I need to do this year, which fortunatley doesn't cost too much, is replace my clutch. Mine chatters like a mofo sometimes. I might also like to regear to account for my larger than stock tires. Not that mine are huge, but bigger enough to put some strain on my little four banger. As for the MG snow cruise, I think it's going to be a punt this year. I just don't have an open weekend until deep into April.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #27
Fast & Filthy

Yeah, we only drove through about what 100ft or so of snow?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #28

We probably drove through about a mile of snow on the way out. There were only a couple spots where it got deep though.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #29
Fast & Filthy

It didn't seem that long. I did have to put my truck in 4 wheel, well 3 wheel drive for one section. The others I was only in 2 wheel drive.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #30

I spent four hours yesterday cleaning, washing and even waxing the Land Cruiser. She is now a happier truck. I think there was about a years worth of four wheeling dirt on the floor. I even cleaned the engine and frame.