Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Lazi View Post
it depends on how much boost you want to run. I am running at 6 lbs to stay on the safe side before the full tune. but at 9 lbs you should get above 500 hp easy. motor is stock. I didnt want to build it because i wanted to keep it street legal. I have all the required smog components installed. even the turbo kit has carb tags that match up with the engine. My goal was to push as much power out of this as possible and stay out of smog trouble.
Woh. While I'm not in the market myself, this just got a whole lot more interesting

1 - What LS motor has a CARB legal turbo? The only ones I know are the STS rear mount AIR.

2 - Was this a CA reffed swap? I looked into this extensively when I did my CA legal LS swap into a C3 Vette and they were very clear (cuz I asked) that engines not only have to be of the same or later year as the chassis, but must be in the same class as the chassis of the vehicle they came out of. In other words, no mid-mounting a V8 in your Civic hatchback, but more frustratingly, no V8s in RXs. At least not legally in CA. The ref won't give you your magic sticker.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Woh. While I'm not in the market myself, this just got a whole lot more interesting

1 - What LS motor has a CARB legal turbo? The only ones I know are the STS rear mount AIR.

2 - Was this a CA reffed swap? I looked into this extensively when I did my CA legal LS swap into a C3 Vette and they were very clear (cuz I asked) that engines not only have to be of the same or later year as the chassis, but must be in the same class as the chassis of the vehicle they came out of. In other words, no mid-mounting a V8 in your Civic hatchback, but more frustratingly, no V8s in RXs. At least not legally in CA. The ref won't give you your magic sticker.
i went to the referree office in east los angeles. they told me as long as the engine is of the same year or newer and equiped with all the required smog devices then it will pass. also the kit that i have is an sts rear mount kit. There has been several people online who has done this already minus turbo.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
i went to the referree office in east los angeles. they told me as long as the engine is of the same year or newer and equiped with all the required smog devices then it will pass. also the kit that i have is an sts rear mount kit. There has been several people online who has done this already minus turbo.
Do you have the sticker from the DMV on your door sill provided by the ref? The engine combo has to be of a declared year/make/model. Mine is a 2001 Camaro. What's yours? This declaration is the reference the smog facility will use when testing your car.

I mention this because if it's fully CA legal with all the paper work in order, that should help in moving it (though the market is very tough right now). Dealing with smog illegal cars in CA is getting tougher all the time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Do you have the sticker from the DMV on your door sill provided by the ref? The engine combo has to be of a declared year/make/model. Mine is a 2001 Camaro. What's yours? This declaration is the reference the smog facility will use when testing your car.

I mention this because if it's fully CA legal with all the paper work in order, that should help in moving it (though the market is very tough right now). Dealing with smog illegal cars in CA is getting tougher all the time.
no i didnt take my car there yet. but before i installed motor i took my car to the referee office and asked them for their advise. they told me the ls1 is ok as long as its newer than 1993. they also told me that once i got that motor installed then any modifications done to the car needs to be carb legal for that particular make, model and year. so basically the car is changed from an rx7 to camaro. I havent had time to make another appointment to go back. but I did everything they told me to do. which is get the motor from the donor car, get all the smog equipment like the o2 sensors and cats. everything thats required to make a typical camaro smog legal. my motor was also from a 2001.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #15

I need this car gone in a very short amount of time. $29k is the rock bottom price. I will not drop any lower. I need down payment for a property. If anyone is interested let me know.

thanks

peter
Old 05-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I need this car gone in a very short amount of time. $29k is the rock bottom price. I will not drop any lower. I need down payment for a property. If anyone is interested let me know.

thanks

peter
I've posted this to our FB and MS pages, so it'll go to hundreds of users not on the main site. I just checked V8RX7Forum.com, but it looks like they went under.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #17

Quote:
I've posted this to our FB and MS pages, so it'll go to hundreds of users not on the main site. I just checked V8RX7Forum.com, but it looks like they went under.
thank you vettezuki!

also i am open to reasonable offers. If anyone doesnt want the turbo, or wheels i can take those off and lower price. or if you do want the complete package dont hesitate to contact me at 2134539201 or pt9934@att.com. I am open to negotiations.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
thank you vettezuki!

also i am open to reasonable offers. If anyone doesnt want the turbo, or wheels i can take those off and lower price. or if you do want the complete package dont hesitate to contact me at 2134539201 or pt9934@att.com. I am open to negotiations.
You also might want to try Go Fast Auctions.

http://www.gofastauction.com/

They are (or were at least) a no-fee auction site dedicated to high performance vehicles.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #19

the last day to bid on this car is tomorrow morning at 11am. I put the reserve at 21500. some lucky person is going to come up big. just key word "rx7 ls1"

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from...x7+ls1&_sacat=

happy bidding!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
the last day to bid on this car is tomorrow morning at 11am. I put the reserve at 21500. some lucky person is going to come up big. just key word "rx7 ls1"

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from...x7+ls1&_sacat=

happy bidding!
Seems you have some interested bidders early on. Hopefuly you'll get a little bidding war towards the end and get closer to your original asking price.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)