Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default I dig the new STI

I'd totally consider buying one as a DD.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'd totally consider buying one as a DD.

OMG what is wrong with u!!! y would u buy that pile!!!???? especially as a DD arg!! there are so many better DD's like the evo 10 lol

but no real;y y the sti?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

I'm actually a fan too. My DD is a Protege 5 which has a similar Hatchback design. I still don't know what that basic body style never really caught on in the States, it is very effecient for people and things. But then I again, I still don't know why miniDisc never caught, and oh yeah, BetaMax was better than VHS. Oh well.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #4

ya many good things didnt catch on.....but if ur looking for a DD y not opt for
a VW gti, or a VW R32 in 4th or 5th generation trim there all good cars and get the DD aspect done nicely

there is also the mazda speed 3, the 4door 07 civic SI, and as much as i hate to say it the 08 wrx

hell if u wait a little longer the new lancer ralliart's, that are rockin detuned evo 10 engines and awd should be a nice DD

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ya many good things didnt catch on.....but if ur looking for a DD y not opt for
a VW gti, or a VW R32 in 4th or 5th generation trim there all good cars and get the DD aspect done nicely

there is also the mazda speed 3, the 4door 07 civic SI, and as much as i hate to say it the 08 wrx

hell if u wait a little longer the new lancer ralliart's, that are rockin detuned evo 10 engines and awd should be a nice DD

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1

Yeah, the Ralliart looks like a good option for anyone in the market now. I'm quite pleased with my Protege 5. A little more power would be nice, but 30+mpg on low test crap CA fuel ain't so bad. It also means I feel free to trasnform the Vette into a bit more of a weapon and take it into battle. If it breaks (done that), no biggy.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
OMG what is wrong with u!!! y would u buy that pile!!!???? especially as a DD arg!! there are so many better DD's like the evo 10 lol

but no real;y y the sti?
I like it. It's luxurious and quick, and I love AWD cars. So easy to drive. I wouldn't try to turn it into a race car, but it would be a fun fast fuel efficient car. The R32s are fun, but they have waaay too much body roll. And I like the Evo 8s and 9s, but don't much care for the 10s. I'd also consider an 8 or a 9.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I like it. It's luxurious and quick, and I love AWD cars. So easy to drive. I wouldn't try to turn it into a race car, but it would be a fun fast fuel efficient car. The R32s are fun, but they have waaay too much body roll. And I like the Evo 8s and 9s, but don't much care for the 10s. I'd also consider an 8 or a 9.
ya true the sti have become more of a luxory car but so have the evo 10 unfortunitly lol!

but as for the old evo's there really starting to become cheap 03's usually go for 17k-20k

also if ur interested there is a dealership here in socal which has a n evo5 for sale for 17.5k i know its 49 state legal im just not to sure if it could be legal in california *damn nazi state*

either way i know ur gonna like ur choice just go with what u heart tells u to get. thats usually the best choice for you

then again the new nissan gtr woudl make u pull a chubby from hitting the gas pedal lol but im not sure about it as a DD unless ur some bawler type....u know the type of guy that brings 20's and 100's to the strip club to rain on strippers lol
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #8

Any "chubby" i got from the GT'R's gas pedal would quickly fade once i had to actually LOOK at the damn car . Make my DD a CTS, in black
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Any "chubby" i got from the GT'R's gas pedal would quickly fade once i had to actually LOOK at the damn car . Make my DD a CTS, in black

There's a great Japanese expression that goes something like "it takes two months to get used to an ugly face, it only takes two days to get sick of a pretty one." A great lesson on the difference between inner and outer beauty.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's a great Japanese expression that goes something like "it takes two months to get used to an ugly face, it only takes two days to get sick of a pretty one." A great lesson on the difference between inner and outer beauty.

So that is why I don't have any friends for over two days.
2016 Nissan Altma