Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #1

Default 2015 mustang has IRS. About time!

http://blog.brothersperformance.com/...rent-about-it/

Finally IRS in the mustang. Its pretty amazing what they managed to do with the old SRA, but this was a long time coming. Super excited. Thoughts?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

AIR their current SRA, which does amazingly well, eneded up costimg them more than their originally planned IRS to get it up to snuff. A live axle is fine most of the time in most real world conditions, but it simply hits a wall at some point and you have to go to IRS to move on. If the make the Mustang a bit smaller lighter, twin turbo V6, nice styling, I think they'll have something that'll be very competitive to any of the strong offerings from Asia.

As much as I love my old Vette for being unique and and absolute blast to drive, I do get tired of the issues that come with any old car no matter how well put together. At some point I'll be in the market for a new(er) car and a Mustang is a contender.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

The mustang will always have a V8, and after the newest TIVCT engine, there is no reason not to.

Remember, it's been proven time and again. Proper SRA will perform as well as an IRS, on a track. The IRS shines on poor road conditions.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

You can't curb crash an SRA. Even on a smooth track IRS has an advantage.

I didn't say the Mustang should ever ditch the V8 (though it did in the past), just that a TT V6 could be a great option.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You can't curb crash an SRA. Even on a smooth track IRS has an advantage.

I didn't say the Mustang should ever ditch the V8 (though it did in the past), just that a TT V6 could be a great option.
Like I said, its been proven that a properly setup up SRA performs as well as or better then an IRS. Not in theory, in factual race data. The champions run SRA
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #6

who is going to be the first one to break a half shift launching at 4K...
Old 06-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #7

assuming theyre at least as strong as the 03-04 cobra halfshafts, nobody.

Those had no problems, even with elevated power levels, until you threw slicks and hard launches at them. That said, with a properly isolated and mounted IRS the stock 03 halfshafts still hold up on launches north of 700hp. Id call that fine.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Like I said, its been proven that a properly setup up SRA performs as well as or better then an IRS. Not in theory, in factual race data. The champions run SRA
What are you talking about?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Graphics B*tch

Maybe it is because I am a Ford guy but I am sick of everyone making such a big deal about a SRA. 99% of people do not even come close to their limitations. Maybe notice a little difference on everyday driving if the roads are chewed up but that is it.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
You mean Mustang Challenge or something like that where the cars are all SRA by class?

Because it's not:
F1
GP2
IRL
World Ralley
ALMS
Le Mans Series
Deutsche Touring Car
British Touring Car
. . .

Nor is it in the more pro-am NASA, etc.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)