Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Missing link.

90% of the time when I click on a users name (to view other posts by user) no window will pop up.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
Godzilla, King of Monsters

Default Trying to reproduce problem...

Haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet. Are there certain users it happens on? Do the users have existing posts?
Thanks.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

The easiest thing to confirm is to post a screen shot of correct/desired behavior AND incorrect behavior. Also, include OS and browser version.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Windows XP Pro Internet Explorer V?

Surprisingly the print screen function doesn't capture the mouse pointer location, although you can see that my user name is highlighted in red rather than blue. In this picture I hold the mouse arrow over my own user name, left button click and nothing pops up. I retry it several times with no success. Then I hold the mouse arrow over Alexis' user name in another post, left click and the option window pops up like it should.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Windows XP Pro Internet Explorer V?

Surprisingly the print screen function doesn't capture the mouse pointer location, although you can see that my user name is highlighted in red rather than blue. In this picture I hold the mouse arrow over my own user name, left button click and nothing pops up. I retry it several times with no success. Then I hold the mouse arrow over Alexis' user name in another post, left click and the option window pops up like it should.
Ok, I've experienced this myself sometime. It may be a somewhat complex issue between code and browser version. We'll get to it, but it's a little lower on our list. In the mean time, try relaunching the browser (the browser, not just a window) usually "fixes" the problem.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Found out what happens, the option box will open up at the top of the page. Scroll up to the first thread on the page and the box will be there, on top.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
90% of the time when I click on a users name (to view other posts by user) no window will pop up.
Sadly, it does. It has an absolute position relative to the top of the Window so if you're scrolled down and click on a name you can't see. Scroll up and will see the pop up box. This is "non-desirable" behavior and is being fixed.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The easiest thing to confirm is to post a screen shot of correct/desired behavior AND incorrect behavior. Also, include OS and browser version.
This might sound dumb but how do you take a sreenshot?

Always wanted to do that.

Thanx!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPAR31 View Post
This might sound dumb but how do you take a sreenshot?

Always wanted to do that.

Thanx!
If you're on PC, push Alt + PrtSc. PrtSc is usually in the upper right hand corner of most keyboards. The screen shot will now be on your clipboard and you can paste into a graphics program like PhotoShop, directly into email or Word documents, etc. If your on Mac (OSX), there is a program in the Applications -> Utilities folder for doing screen shots, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
A Motorgen O.G.

You don't even have to push Alt. Just hit Print Screen and paste it into a graphics program. MSPaint will work.

And boy did I think this thread was going to be about something completely different.