Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default I got my new EDGE :)

So tonight I headed to Villa Ford in Orange and met up with Julian the fleet manager on his day off as they had purchased a few at auction for us to take a look at. The selection they picked out were a little above what we wanted to spend so I decided on the original vehicle they had in stock, which was well in our range. A red 07 Ford Edge with 17k miles and a full warranty. An hour and 15 minutes later Gary, Julians co-worker, handed us our keys and sent on our way.

I couldn't be a happier lil gal. It's an awesome car, it's freak'n quiet as hell, and such a smooth ride. We threw my Mom and her fiance (6 foot 2) in the back seat and they had plenty of room on our way to dinner and they were very comfortable.

I couldn't say enough good things about Julian and Gary...they treated us extremely well and were very pleasant to work with. I would recommend them to anyone looking in the American car field.

I'll let Sean also finish this up....so with that said, Sean here ya go
Old 03-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I have to say my wife did an excellent job. By the time I got to the dealership all I had to do was give them the money and sign a couple papers. The Edge is great, it's roomy, quiet, and best of all covered bumper to bumper in case anything happens. It needs to be claybarred and could use a good wash and wax, but otherwise it's in really great shape.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Graphics B*tch

Congrats Lex. I guess it is a good thing we did not put your username sticker on the Escape.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I have to say my wife did an excellent job. By the time I got to the dealership all I had to do was give them the money and sign a couple papers. The Edge is great, it's roomy, quiet, and best of all covered bumper to bumper in case anything happens. It needs to be claybarred and could use a good wash and wax, but otherwise it's in really great shape.
My god you love the claybar.

I like the Edge. High on my list of good utility vehicles.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

He loves waxing too!! I am surprised he doesn't wax his...wait, sure he does...he is married afterall.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 03-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

HAHA, I hate you both
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #7

Ooh nice. Congrats on the new car.

I loooove the edge. The only thing I dislike about it is the price tag. Seems like it's $5k - $10k over what it should be. But, given the economy and inflation as it is, I can understand it.

Congrats again!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xENo View Post

I loooove the edge. The only thing I dislike about it is the price tag. Seems like it's $5k - $10k over what it should be. But, given the economy and inflation as it is, I can understand it.

Congrats again!
I totally agree, they're too expensive new. We got out the door for under 20k though for one with only 17k miles and a bumper to bumper warranty. Not too shabby as far as I'm concerned. It's also the first vehicle we've owned with a warranty which is pretty nice I must say
Old 03-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xENo View Post

Congrats again!
Oh Jesus. I don't want to assault you with my infamous unsolicited socio/political/economical rants, but technically we're in a deflationary environment (prices going down). This should scare the holly poop out of you because the Fed is approaching a 300% increase in money supply with -1% decrease GDP. That spells disastrous inflation once people start spending. Imagine a brick on a table that you're pulling with a rubber band. It doesn't move . . . it doesn't move . . . it doesn't move . . . poof, you need facial surgery. If you need something like a car or house and can put it on a fixed payment schedule now, you might do VERY well with the purchase because the dollar is set to become a whole lot less valuable. Ok, sorry, that was uncalled for. You'll learn to ignore me.

More costly, but somehow similar in my mind is the Buick Enclave. Which I also dig.

Way to go Lex.

And Sean, someday you'll have to show me what you know about the mysteries of the clay bar.

Peace.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

Even he has me trained to know that it "needs" a claybar (I must be under his claybar spell).