Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Lookin for a cheap used car

Just checking out possibilities. We have a young receptionist who needs a car and doesn't have much money or credit yet, so just thought I'd check see if any of yas have a cheap car available as a temporary solution. About the only requirements are

- cheap
- reliable (needs to start and get a to b)
- AC

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

ttt.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

It's not cheap but it's good. My wifes grandmother can no longer drive and we're selling her 2006 Nissan Sentra Special Edition for her. It has under 5400 miles on it. It still has everything original and has had 2 oil changes since new. She asking $10,500 but would take $9,500.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
It's not cheap but it's good. My wifes grandmother can no longer drive and we're selling her 2006 Nissan Sentra Special Edition for her. It has under 5400 miles on it. It still has everything original and has had 2 oil changes since new. She asking $10,500 but would take $9,500.
Thanks for the heads up, but to qualify what I mean by "cheap" I mean $1,200 max kind of cheap. It's just got work at a minimal (but reliable) level while this young person gets on their feet.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Thanks for the heads up, but to qualify what I mean by "cheap" I mean $1,200 max kind of cheap. It's just got work at a minimal (but reliable) level while this young person gets on their feet.
Sorry dude, I really wanted to help out but since they lady wrecked her GT she needs a car, i'll keep an eye out though.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sorry dude, I really wanted to help out but since they lady wrecked her GT she needs a car, i'll keep an eye out though.
No worries. It'll work out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #7

I'm looking for the same thing.

cheap and reliable. I found a few for under $1K but they need some sort of work. Closest thing I found for cheap was $500 and it had a blown head gasket.... I'm still thinking about getting it, but don't know at the moment.

CARTune independent service
7960 ronson rd.
San Diego, CA. 92111
shop phone - 858-715-1804
Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsdatguy View Post
I'm looking for the same thing.

cheap and reliable. I found a few for under $1K but they need some sort of work. Closest thing I found for cheap was $500 and it had a blown head gasket.... I'm still thinking about getting it, but don't know at the moment.
PM big2bird. He has a 93 Chrysler New Yorker(?) that he went through completely for his son, but turned out he didn't need it. I will be cheap, reliable, and even gets decent gas mileage according to him.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #9
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
PM big2bird. He has a 93 Chrysler New Yorker(?) that he went through completely for his son, but turned out he didn't need it. I will be cheap, reliable, and even gets decent gas mileage according to him.
Yep. Thanks Ben. It's a good car. 28 MPG freeway, and needs nothing. Tires will need in a year or sooner, but mech sound. A/C blows cold, and struts/brakes are new.
All the pwer seats/windows/doors work, and I hate to sell it. But the boy took the cash instead.