Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #121
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Porsche engines are pieces of shit though, 100k and they're toast, almost literally. When i was looking at play vehicles before the 08 high mileage carreras and turbp 911's were super cheap, and for good reason, the block would go south and you can rebuild them.

C5Z all the way. Honestly i've been dreaming about diesel jettas. Knew a dude who had a 300hp 500rwtq one. Thing has an absolute monster sleeper. Got 3xmpg and in that small car would surprise lots of sports cars in it. Never got to see it run at the track though.
Kinda true. Though they're getting much better I think. It's useful to remember Porsche is true racing brand and Ferdinand Porsche said a proper race engine is one that runs at absolute potential for the duratino of the race and blows up crossing the finishing line or something like. In race conditions, Porsches are epic. But they're getting rebuilt/replaced constantly obviously.

I'd go with something like an EvoX, but I'm starting to get a little too old for the boy racer look. They can be dressed down. BMW is great, but a little too common/typical for me. The reality is I'll almost certainly just keep the C3 and really step it up over the years just to make it something truly unique and beautiful.

A life goal is to someday legitimately own a Ferrari, but that's likely out 20+ years, and assumes things go ok for me and the world itself doesn't do a head stand and take a shit on itself, which is a bit up in the air at the moment.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #122
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Kinda true. Though they're getting much better I think. It's useful to remember Porsche is true racing brand and Ferdinand Porsche said a proper race engine is one that runs at absolute potential for the duratino of the race and blows up crossing the finishing line or something like. In race conditions, Porsches are epic. But they're getting rebuilt/replaced constantly obviously.

I'd go with something like an EvoX, but I'm starting to get a little too old for the boy racer look. They can be dressed down. BMW is great, but a little too common/typical for me. The reality is I'll almost certainly just keep the C3 and really step it up over the years just to make it something truly unique and beautiful.

A life goal is to someday legitimately own a Ferrari, but that's likely out 20+ years, and assumes things go ok for me and the world itself doesn't do a head stand and take a shit on itself, which is a bit up in the air at the moment.
I'd love an EvoX, awd, turbo. Whats not to love, damn other people, if you want it rock it.

Its tough to say what my ultimate dream vehicle is. I really think the fox was my dream vehicle, I grew up in a fox, I always wanted a fox with cobra rims.

I'd say my someday attainable vehicle is an R8 and my unattainable car unless I hit the lotto big is an S7. Most likely be destined to a life of fords and corvettes. I like building my car, its weird buying a capable one straight off.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #123
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'd love an EvoX, awd, turbo. Whats not to love, damn other people, if you want it rock it.

Its tough to say what my ultimate dream vehicle is. I really think the fox was my dream vehicle, I grew up in a fox, I always wanted a fox with cobra rims.

I'd say my someday attainable vehicle is an R8 and my unattainable car unless I hit the lotto big is an S7. Most likely be destined to a life of fords and corvettes. I like building my car, its weird buying a capable one straight off.
There are obviously lots of wild cards in life, but I think a Ferrari is not out of the picture for me within a couple more decades of hard nosed work. My dream mobile would be an Agera R.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #124
pain's fun, hit me again

I believe if i finally get a badge i can easy purchase a R8.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #125
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I believe if i finally get a badge i can easy purchase a R8.
I'd rather starve to death than work for government, but that's just me I guess.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #126
pain's fun, hit me again

I understand, but I know i'd be a completely different officer then ones we're all use to. Yes i'm a dick but I also have a set a rules i guide my life by that i dont think other people do. How many other people do you know have never tried alcholol, any type of drugs etc

Stopping the world!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 03-27-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #127

Quote:
I understand, but I know i'd be a completely different office then ones we're all use to. Yes i'm a dick but I also have a set a rules i guide my life by that i dont think other people do. How many other people do you know have never tried alcholo, any type of drugs etc
Border Patrol is usually accepting apps. It's kinda like diet coke... All the fun of law enforcement, non of the guilt of messing with people for speeding haha... The only US citizens I arrest or detain are slinging drugs to kids, and if someone sells drugs to kids they can get bent anyways.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #128
pain's fun, hit me again

The problem with border patrol is its all the way down by the border

Stopping the world!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #129

Send a message via AIM to Chate

Hey all, back in OC now. I ended up buying a GTR!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #130

Send a message via AIM to Chate

That was a joke btw

I've been scouring corvetteforums and CL and ebay and autotrader and cars.com, and there are no really great C6 or Z deals to be had, probably also has to do with summer approaching...most of the cheaper cars have some fatal flaw, considering how much places like carmax pay for vettes (because they can turn around and sell them for decent amounts) there's no real doubt why the used market is shit.

Ultimately, sure the FRS is pretty expensive for what it is (24200 plus 760 destination is what brings it to that 24960 figure btw), but theres no other car like it out there and thats why i think they priced it so damn high. I will decide after driving it around, but i'm still leaning towards a yes, sure its 25k but overall cost of ownership for 3 years and 40k miles will be a LOT less than any vette i buy for 25k, i practically threw money at my C5 just for stupid shit that would randomly go bad, it was a great fun car, but definite money drain