Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default 03-04 Cobra or Mach I Wanted For McLeod Racing Clutches Testing (Sean or Adam)

McLeod Racing Clutches, one of GTR High Performance's suppliers and manufacturers of top quality performance clutches and drivetrain components is looking for an 03-04 Cobra or Mach I to prototype and test fit new innovative clutch components. They have developed a hydraulic clutch conversion system to replace the traditional mechanical clutch cable on those Mustangs. At this point, they are looking specifically for 4 Valve cars (Cobras and Mach I) to test fit before the product is release to the public.
If you are interested, please contact Ricardo at GTR High Performance directly and he will put you in contact with the people at McLeod Racing Clutches (they are located in Placentia, CA (orange county)). McLeod is offering their components at a discounted rate for use of your vehicle. I don't know the specifics, as that is handled directly through McLeod Racing Clutches. They will need your car for approx 1-2 days to test fit, evaluate and photos for their catalog, instructions, website, etc...Once it is all complete and if the results on the 4V cars are as good as they have been on the 2V cars, there is a very good chance that Ricardo can contact one of the Mustang Magazines to feature that car in a magazine to demonstrate the hydraulic clutch system.

Contact Ricardo directly by email for more info at ricardo@gtrhipo.com.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #2

nice!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
McLeod Racing Clutches, one of GTR High Performance's suppliers and manufacturers of top quality performance clutches and drivetrain components is looking for an 03-04 Cobra or Mach I to prototype and test fit new innovative clutch components. They have developed a hydraulic clutch conversion system to replace the traditional mechanical clutch cable on those Mustangs. At this point, they are looking specifically for 4 Valve cars (Cobras and Mach I) to test fit before the product is release to the public.
If you are interested, please contact Ricardo at GTR High Performance directly and he will put you in contact with the people at McLeod Racing Clutches (they are located in Placentia, CA (orange county)). McLeod is offering their components at a discounted rate for use of your vehicle. I don't know the specifics, as that is handled directly through McLeod Racing Clutches. They will need your car for approx 1-2 days to test fit, evaluate and photos for their catalog, instructions, website, etc...Once it is all complete and if the results on the 4V cars are as good as they have been on the 2V cars, there is a very good chance that Ricardo can contact one of the Mustang Magazines to feature that car in a magazine to demonstrate the hydraulic clutch system.

Contact Ricardo directly by email for more info at ricardo@gtrhipo.com.
Ron, are they actually replacing the clutch, or just adding in the hydraulic system? I might be interested, but I'm not clear what they're actually doing.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

I emailed him. This could be very cool. I was going to have to put in a new clutch anyway (for when I eventually, if ever, go twin screw), and I hate the feel of the stock pedal so this would be the best of both worlds.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I emailed him. This could be very cool. I was going to have to put in a new clutch anyway (for when I eventually, if ever, go twin screw), and I hate the feel of the stock pedal so this would be the best of both worlds.
Sounds like they're just replacing the cable system with a hydraulic system, but I'm sure you can get a new clutch installed at the same time.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

I'm not sure about the clutch, but like Ben said you can replace it if they at the same time. I picked up a McLeod disc from GTR for about $90 to replace the broken Spec one that was in the Cobra. I can call Gonzalo tonight and tell them to pick your car if you are serious about doing it. I'm not sure if it will help but I can try for you.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I'm not sure about the clutch, but like Ben said you can replace it if they at the same time. I picked up a McLeod disc from GTR for about $90 to replace the broken Spec one that was in the Cobra. I can call Gonzalo tonight and tell them to pick your car if you are serious about doing it. I'm not sure if it will help but I can try for you.
I'm interested, but would like a little more info before I commit. I'd love to have a 600hp capable clutch with less effort though. The stock clutch is so stiff it makes me want to
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm interested, but would like a little more info before I commit. I'd love to have a 600hp capable clutch with less effort though. The stock clutch is so stiff it makes me want to
Hit the gym nancy boy.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #9
Fast & Filthy

I called Gonzalo last night and put in a good word for you.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
Neanderthal

Been using McLeod clutches since 78. They built me (5 years ago)a 12 inch disc/pressure plate that feels like stock and can hold over 500 hp.
2016 Nissan Altma