Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #1

Default Vette Magazine April 08 issue Page 10....

My car will appear in the upcoming issue of Vette Magazine Vol 32 No 4 April 2008 as the winner of Zip Corvettes'/ Vette Magazine's Fast Lane Contest. This will mark the 3rd time Vette Magazine has been gracious enough to put my car in their mag. Thanks!!

BTW, my actual quickest time is 11.41, but they used my higher mph run of 11.42 @ 125mph...but hey, I'm not complaining!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I will be buying a copy, do you have any idea when the on sale date is? CONGRATULATIONS by the way
Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilways
My car will appear in the upcoming issue of Vette Magazine Vol 32 No 4 April 2008 as the winner of Zip Corvettes'/ Vette Magazine's Fast Lane Contest. This will mark the 3rd time Vette Magazine has been gracious enough to put my car in their mag. Thanks!!

BTW, my actual quickest time is 11.41, but they used my higher mph run of 11.42 @ 125mph...but hey, I'm not complaining!!!

Since you're running sub 11.5, does the track harass you about being caged or do you just tell them you're bone stock?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #4

Question 1: when to buy...? It should be out within 3 weeks. I get a subscription, so there is no "display between 00/00/00 and 00/00/00, just an addy lable printed on.

Question 2: Does the track harass me...? LOL..nah, they're pretty cool about things. they did say if I broke into 10's they'd request that I put in a cage and bloody stump harnesses.insurance issues and such, ya know
Old 02-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Question 1: when to buy...? It should be out within 3 weeks. I get a subscription, so there is no "display between 00/00/00 and 00/00/00, just an addy lable printed on.

Question 2: Does the track harass me...? LOL..nah, they're pretty cool about things. they did say if I broke into 10's they'd request that I put in a cage and bloody stump harnesses.insurance issues and such, ya know
What do you have in mind next for your car - I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before you are running 10's...
Old 02-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #6

waiting to see if Nitto, BFG, or somebody else steps up and makes a 19inch dr. If they do, that should get me into 10's. I've also been eyeballing the torque converter market and letting all the other A6 tranny cars be the guniea pigs until there's solid proof of one great one. If I go with a converter, I'm gonna do gears as well, 2.73s or 3.10s , but no higher.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
waiting to see if Nitto, BFG, or somebody else steps up and makes a 19inch dr. If they do, that should get me into 10's. I've also been eyeballing the torque converter market and letting all the other A6 tranny cars be the guniea pigs until there's solid proof of one great one. If I go with a converter, I'm gonna do gears as well, 2.73s or 3.10s , but no higher.
Urrrr, what's the ratio on your A6? BTW, are you able to defeat the torque management system on a C6?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki
Urrrr, what's the ratio on your A6? BTW, are you able to defeat the torque management system on a C6?
I believe 2:56 is standard. 3:10's with a 2800 stall converter would probably really wake things up. Then you'll need drag radials for sure..
Old 02-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk
I believe 2:56 is standard. 3:10's with a 2800 stall converter would probably really wake things up. Then you'll need drag radials for sure..
I love my 3.73s, but could imagine going even shorter. Could be the sound, I just love that roar. But actually, I barely use 6th, even on the freeway: 85~mph at around 2,000 rpm.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #10

2.56 is the correct answer....you get a cookie!!!
BTW, may consider the swap when all the planets align and 19inch drs, a reliable converter ,and a solid diff is out there availible to buy.(broken shafts would suck)