Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Pics and vids ya'll.
Working on it. I woke up and felt like crap today..still in bed.
Can you get a adrenaline hangover?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
I just pictured myself continually spinning out and not being able to do it but the minute I relaxed and felt how the car was responding, it was like the sky opening up before me. I couldn’t be any more pleased with my progress. The mini auto-cross at the end of the day was a thousand tons of fun too.

I’d like to thank you again Mike for posting the initial info and for all the work you put into the organization; maps, times, meet spots, etc. And of course to those who attended. The event was made more enjoyable by you being there.
I had the same initial feelings about the skid pad. Pretty amazing how relaxing allows you to drive better and feel the car out, isn't it? Very satisfying feeling too, when you "get it". That exercise was definitely the most eye opening for me.

No problem about the initial post, I tried to give you guys a little more time for a heads up this time lol. Also, the porsche guys shouldn't have all the fun, I thought it was cool we kinda crashed their party. I like their little stab at the GTOs & Caddy in the morning lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Is is sad i cannot attend
Next time man, they put the clinic on once a year and they have autocross almost every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetek View Post
Today was a blast thank you Mike for inviting us! I also loved the figure 8 and for some reason my group didn't end up doing the braking exercise. Oh well I don't need to brake anyway. So when's the next one?

George
Hey George, glad you could make it, I think you guys opened some eyes. It was a lot of fun watching you and gabe with the other black GTO drive the autocross course. I was working the last corner with daniel (supercharged mustang). I'm pretty sure they put the driver's clinic at el toro on once a year in the Jan/Feb timeframe. I think they have another event they put on at willow springs, which sounds like a lot of fun... but it's far away, which sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Pics and vids ya'll.
Sadly, the two pics I took came out like shit. I didn't get any video cuz I was running around early in the morning trying to figure out/fix my tire rubbing issue, didn't get my camera set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Working on it. I woke up and felt like crap today..still in bed.
Can you get a adrenaline hangover?
lol, yep... I felt like poop too. Kinda wears you out doesn't it? I look forward to you guys' vids, I think everyone had a camera running (besides me).

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpalmer View Post

Sadly, the two pics I took came out like shit. I didn't get any video cuz I was running around early in the morning trying to figure out/fix my tire rubbing issue, didn't get my camera set up

lol, yep... I felt like poop too. Kinda wears you out doesn't it? I look forward to you guys' vids, I think everyone had a camera running (besides me).
We have a thread, just for the pics and vids...
http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36690
Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #84

I sent Dennis Neff a thank you:

Hello Dennis,
I attended the car Control Course on Saturday, and just wanted to thank you and all the people that made this event so great. My freinds and I had a blast ! I had the red Camaro, and was with the GTOs , Cadi and RX7 guys. It was a honor to be included in your Porsche event. I look forward to your future events.
Thank You,
Paul Galante

Got this back,

Hello Paul,

Glad your group had a blast at the PCA_OCR Drivers' Car Control Clinic sponsored by Walters Porsche of Riverside. I enjoyed watching you & your American-muscle red Camaro negotiate the exercises. You even brought your own cheering section complete with canine - a Chihuahua?

Thanks for your kudos to our excellent team of volunteer instructors and event organizers. We welcome you & your friends at any of our future events to include auto crosses & drivers education track events. Follow our events and sign-up at http://pcaocr.motorsportreg.com/. Hope to see your group at our next event.

Regards,

Dennis Neff
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #85
pain's fun, hit me again

Maybe i can make it to the next one, next year...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #86

Hey that's cool! Mention my name next time, maybe I can get some referral bonus hehe EDIT: I am very thankful for the volunteers, they aren't getting anything in return other than joyrides in everyone's car

One thing I want to stress is that we should take advantage of this while we can, sounds like from what I heard, it's not real certain how long they are going to have access to that airfield..... I encourage all of you guys to go to as many events as you can afford. I know, it's not cheap, you eat tires and drink gas... but autocrossing is a lot cheaper than a full track day.... esp when the closest track is like 100 miles away from most of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
I sent Dennis Neff a thank you:

Hello Dennis,
I attended the car Control Course on Saturday, and just wanted to thank you and all the people that made this event so great. My freinds and I had a blast ! I had the red Camaro, and was with the GTOs , Cadi and RX7 guys. It was a honor to be included in your Porsche event. I look forward to your future events.
Thank You,
Paul Galante

Got this back,

Hello Paul,

Glad your group had a blast at the PCA_OCR Drivers' Car Control Clinic sponsored by Walters Porsche of Riverside. I enjoyed watching you & your American-muscle red Camaro negotiate the exercises. You even brought your own cheering section complete with canine - a Chihuahua?

Thanks for your kudos to our excellent team of volunteer instructors and event organizers. We welcome you & your friends at any of our future events to include auto crosses & drivers education track events. Follow our events and sign-up at http://pcaocr.motorsportreg.com/. Hope to see your group at our next event.

Regards,

Dennis Neff

2001 DC4 Acura Integra