Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #11

Ok just signed up. I'm excited and can't wait.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #12

Damn the bills, food and a Valentines day present for Frankie ! I'm signing up tonight when I get home
Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #13

I'm registered. When do we have to do the vehicle inspection by?

George

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #14

That’s a good question. I’m just going to print out their Tech form, fill in the stuff that’s applicable, and bring it with me. I think they’ll want to scrutinize the car and then fill out the rest of the form. I’m also bringing my 8x10 Easy-up so we can get out of the sun / rain. Actually, I’m kind of crossing my fingers for rain.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #15

mdPalmer, does this apply????
According to their site:
The Orange Coast Region has established an optional program for Drivers to get their cars ‘Pre-Teched’ prior to driving events. We strongly encourage all drivers to have their cars checked out, ‘Pre-Teched’, prior to DE/Track events. These events may be out of town at tracks and ‘Pre-Tech’ could avoid a mechanical failure on the road hundreds of miles away from home or at the event. Additionally, every car must pass a Technical Inspection prior to Registration so getting your car ‘Pre-Teched’ prior to the event should avoid any Technical Inspection issues at the event that could potentially prevent driving your car. You may also get your car ‘Pre-Teched’ for Autocross events if preferred.

Cars can be ‘Pre-Teched’ anytime after their last event but not more than thirty days prior to an event. We recommend getting your car ‘Pre-Teched’ at one of the stations at http://pcaocr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63 that support our driving events.

Please remember that these businesses are providing this service at no-cost, as a courtesy to OCR club members. CONTACT YOUR STATION OF CHOICE AND BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN ADVANCE. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK BEFORE EVENT. MOST BUSINESSES ARE BUSY THE WEEK BEFORE AN EVENT PREPARING CUSTOMER CARS.

Bring a copy of the Autocross, D.E. & Time Trial Registration/Tech Form available on our website to the ‘Pre-Tech’ Inspection Station. They will perform the specified inspections and stamp and sign the form. Then bring the completed form to Registration at the event; Technical Inspection at the event will not be required for valid ‘Pre-Tech’ forms.

IT IS THE DRIVER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSURE THAT ALL LOOSE ITEMS ARE REMOVED FROM THE CAR PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT.
CAOCR Pre-Tech Stations
by admin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:00 pm

PCA Orange Coast Region Driving Series
Pre-Tech Stations

Series Sponsor
Walter’s Automotive Group
Emory Pearson
3210 Adams Street
Riverside, CA 92504
888-656-5003
http://www.waltersporsche.com

Event Sponsors
Autowerkes
Bruce Powers
7452Talbert Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
(714) 842 -2277
http://www.autowerkes.com

Cape Auto Repair
James Buck
27762 Forbes Road,Suite 1r,
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949) 582-3131
capeautorepair@yahoo.com
http://local.yahoo.com/info-21051002-ca ... una-niguel
Cape Auto Repair

GMG-Global Motorsport Group
John Ghaemmaghami - Service Manager
3210 S. Shannon St.
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Telephone # 714-432-1582
http://www.gmgracing.com

Hergesheimer MotorSports
Laura Hergesheimer
20612 Cañada Rd.
Lake Forest, CA 92630
949 458-7223
http://www.hergesheimer.com

Stuttgart Performance (993 or Newer Porsches Only)
Michael Schalke - Service Manager
1275 Logan Avenue
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92626
714-498-2275
http://www.stuttgartperformance.com

Vision Motorsports
Dwayne Dement
22681 Granite Way
Laguna Hills, Ca 92653
949-770-2888
http://www.visionmotorsports.com
admin
Site Admin

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #16

I might even install an oil cooler before the event!
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #17

Cool info

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetek View Post
I'm registered. When do we have to do the vehicle inspection by?

George
You can do it any time up to the day of. Aside from going over my car personally right before an event, I have never ever "pre-teched" my car.. just drove up the day of, they check it out, sign you off, done

I think the only things they are really looking for is that your car is not leaking fluids, your body work is together (bumpers are bolted up, etc.), seats are bolted down, seat belts are good, wheels are bolted up and don't wobble (bad bearings, loose lugs), and that your battery is SECURE!!!! For most guys with OEM type setups, no problem, but guys like me with engine swaps and what not, it can be a little more work. No big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
That’s a good question. I’m just going to print out their Tech form, fill in the stuff that’s applicable, and bring it with me. I think they’ll want to scrutinize the car and then fill out the rest of the form. I’m also bringing my 8x10 Easy-up so we can get out of the sun / rain. Actually, I’m kind of crossing my fingers for rain.
Yeah, just print it up and sign off stuff. That's what I've done. Bring it with you when you tech the car. Typically you drive into the venue early A.M. and park, and when you get all the crap out of your car you drive to the tech line and they check you out.

But rain???? Noooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
mdPalmer, does this apply????
According to their site:
Yep, it should apply. If you pre-tech your car, and everything is OK... you can show up later than everyone else and still run Only problem is if you show up "late" you will have a pit area far away from the "center stage" where all the announcements are made. It is very important to be there early though, as they make announcements and "walk the track" for autocross to get everyone familiar with the layout and rules.

I am very tempted to pre-tech mine actually just to get it done. But, if you show up early, when you park leave some room around you (esp. side to side) for the other guys parking next to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
I might even install an oil cooler before the event!
lol no way!!! you will not need one for this event. This is NOT an open track day at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow. IOW, not stressful on your car! LS6 in ur whip right? If you're running synthetic oil, you're probably good up to 280-300*F intermittent, that's what I've read on the C5 Z06 guys at least I have no oil coolers on my ls1 and my oil temps never go past 240 on a hot day autocrossing. I hit 260 a few weeks ago driving in canyons, but car likes to be beaten I guess

-------------------------

So glad to see you guys signed up, can't wait!!!!

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpalmer View Post

lol no way!!! you will not need one for this event. This is NOT an open track day at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow. IOW, not stressful on your car! LS6 in ur whip right? If you're running synthetic oil, you're probably good up to 280-300*F intermittent, that's what I've read on the C5 Z06 guys at least I have no oil coolers on my ls1 and my oil temps never go past 240 on a hot day autocrossing. I hit 260 a few weeks ago driving in canyons, but car likes to be beaten I guess

-------------------------

So glad to see you guys signed up, can't wait!!!!
Its a blowen ls2, I can get up to 270 on the cruises we go on. I don't like my oil sitting at 280 that's why i've been planing it for a wile i just haven't done it. I also need to flush my breaks again.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #19

Ok good to know. How early should we get there? Question my rear tires are fairly worn out, should I use those or get a new set prior to this event?

George

Old 01-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #20

I work next door to Vision Racing, so I will have them tech me ahead of time, but I will be there early to park together.