Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #1

Default Hang Over Run 2011

Ok my dad and I just got back and man it is a beautiful drive and one of the best roads I have ever been on. We did it backwards because we were already in Temecula but it took us an hour and a half to get to Hemet.

So the run will be- start at the Lake Elsinore Outlets, hop on the 74 and take that to the 215, then hop back on the 74 (you can not stay on the 74, it stops in Perris and you HAVE TO get on the 215 to continue on it in to Hemet) and take that all the way up to the 371, then on to the 79 in to Temecula and we will stop in Temecula for food.

We will stop right before the twisties to regroup just incase. Later today I am going to hop on Google Maps and figure how to make the route.

From the starting point to the ending point will be 2 hours give or take 15 minutes or so. It is only about 85 miles of driving so everyone just fill upon gas before the cruise and we shouldn't need to make any gas stops. And if you have water injection make sure she is full.

Trust me when I say- The drive is beautiful, alot of trees ans what not. This blew the Ortega side of highway 74 clean out of the water! I hope to see a nice turn out and meet some new people!

I copied my post from rx7club. We already have quite a few people coming for sure but I want more people and more variety of cars! Plus I liek everyone I have met on Motorgen meets so I would like to see some or all of you out there.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #2

I forgot to add a very important tid bit of info... It will be Jan. 1st 2011 at 8 or 9 am. I will continue to update this thread as i decide what time is best.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

This sounds like fun . . . except for the morning part.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #4

If we are not in Vegas, sounds fun !
Old 11-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #5

More people!! I know it is to early to plan but it is going to be a really nice run and I like the people on this site and would like to see some of you out there. When my dad and I test drove the route there was a caravan of Ferrari's and Porshe's and I think one lambo so that has to tell you that it is a nice drive.

What is nice about this road is the turns are tilted alot rather than flat and there are spots where it goes to 2 lanes just incase some idiot wants to do 5 mph.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

We are going to a party in Victorville night before.... This is perfect !! Planning on going !
Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #7

This is essentially Palms to Pines Hwy. I’ve been wanting to check this one out myself but haven’t had the time. I may do this with you guys. (I’ll know more when I see your maps) Hope the weather is good; they get snow in this area.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #8

Sounds like fun.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 12-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #9

Meeting at Lake Elsinore Outlets at 9 am and departing at 930-945. Meeting on the far side by pottery barn where there is ample parking.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #10

Ok. I will be there.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z