Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #21

The one I saw pull in had that "UR LUNCH" plates.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #22

I have actually seen him haze the rear tires at 65 MPH. That is probably about a 10.4-10.5 car when fully tuned for the strip. I think at the strip he runs about 23 lbs or so of boost.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #23

For those that are interested, here's the story behind the wheels and pictures of.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/bra...rims-pics.html
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #24

It was great to meet you Gary at the show.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #25

Bob:
It was great to meet you also, and putting a face to a name is always good. I'm always open to meeting you there or Donut Derelicts. Just let me know in advance. I was there this last Sat with my turbo Buick and it was great. No other turbo Buicks there, so mine got lots of attention. Anytine that you want to go & hook-up, let me know.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #26

I got my STS-V tuned finally. I didn't get much more power that the Wait4Me tune that was on my PCM, but the new tune doesn't lean the engine as much and doesn't pull any spark. The Wait4Me tune did both, but in fairness I believe the Wait4Me tune was more aggressive because the gas is better in the midwest where the PCM came from. The car feels much more powerful than stock and shifts are quicker and firmer especially in manual mode.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 06-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #27

Gotta love that instant torque trona s/c.

I'm thinking I might go this weekend again.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #28

I love the low rpm tq too. I was talking to the tuner and he is really enthusiastic about E85 gas. The higher knock resistance can lead to higher boost and more timing with out the knock. Larger injectors will be required, but the HP will be there. He has a blown S2000 putting down 400hp on E85.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 06-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #29

If you tune for E85, you'll never look back. When I get my v6 Eclipse turboed this week, I'll be switching to E85 and possibly be around 320-350whp. I loved it when I was n/a with it.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #30

My reservation about E85 is two fold.
1. Availability to get E85 is still difficult
2. The combination of prodigious thirst for fuel and small gas tank will prevent me from making trips over 150 between fuel ups.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z