Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Restaruant Recommendation for Vegas

Going to Vegas tomorrow on business. A friend of mine who's a foody recommended:

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon
Bouchon by Thomas Keller

But I get the feeling these aren't exactly inexpensive places . . .

Looking for moderate price. Say around $25/entree.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Prime is hands down the best restaurant in vegas, #2 on zagat and #1 in my heart. Expect about a $170 bill if you're not drinking. It sucks but good luck finding a sit down restaurant in vegas for that money, they're all sorta over priced. You either pay a little more and get a dining experience( like the patios at prime or top of the world) or you over pay cause of its location.

Yama sushi is a great AYCE joint off strip about 2 miles down flamingo. $20 a person.

Buffet of buffets is good $44 per person for a 24 hour pass to 6 different buffets, sprice market is the best(even better then caesars IMO) ask to be seated with javier, 5 star restaurant server you'll be pleased to actually tip.

Olives at bellagio is a moderatly priced place i guess. All the spots at the cosmo are good. Luxor steak house is pretty decent for a lower priced option.

My opinion is eat at prime and ask for patio seating and make sure you get it. The view of the fountains while eating is a must see and best carpacio and filet mignon i've ever eaten and the wait staff is always perfect.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Thanks! Now I have lots of options.

I asked my pal and the French places are about $50 per head without drinking. Keller is the only American to ever receive multiple 3 Michelin star awards for different restaurants. While this isn't one of them, at $50, sounds pretty reasonable.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Buy a lunchable and take it to a strip club.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Thats about what you're looking at for prime. I cant stress enough how much you should eat there. 10oz filet is $58, truffled mash potatoes are amazing, with shredded truffles. Carpacio is superb as well, $24 for that. The seared ahi tune was great too.

Damn just talking about it makes me want to do a trip just for the restaurant.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Buy a lunchable and take it to a strip club.
Don't they prefer money?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Everything was booked. I'm at The Wicked Spoon inside cosmo.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Everything was booked. I'm at The Wicked Spoon inside cosmo.
Sorry to hear that, that place blows.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sorry to hear that, that place blows.
It was fine, just nothing special. I've certainly had far worse buffets!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

I think for the price it should be better. Not what everyone is raving about, should have let me know. I could have have got you a reservation at Prime.

Stopping the world!