Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Bought an AR Lower

Ok, no more freeloading on other people's firearms. (Or, let's go with less.) Time to exercise some rights. While I have precious little easy/play money, I did buy a Rifle Gear (OEM'd by Mega) AR lower on Black Friday. When I went to pick it up with my brother, he bought me a Daniel Defense trigger group.

It begins.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

I was just yanking your chain man. My iron is yours for the lending. I'll also help you with the assembly.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I was just yanking your chain man. My iron is yours for the lending. I'll also help you with the assembly.
You won't be able to lend during the Zombie apocolypse!

On a side note, after the 5.56 and interested in the 300 Blackout as a harder hitting cost effective round. I also like it because there are subsonic rounds available, and combined with a silencer are actually silent. Could be a good HD weapon. We have rabbits and chinchillas as pets and super loud noises freak them out. Obviously I hope to never . . . ever, pull the trigger in self defense, but I'd be pretty upset if any of my pets died from heart attacks from loud noises.

Other things likely up, depending on money.
9mm or .45
Remington 870

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

I like my .45 and my 870
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Other things likely up, depending on money.
9mm or .45
Remington 870
Agreed, love my 870, but you skipped the .40 S+W! Love my 40, when i get another handgun, itll be a 40 too. Higher cap than the 45, more energy than the 9mm, best of both worlds
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #6

I love my 870 aswell. I still want to get a M14 and a 1911 but they are a little to much $$$ right now.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Agreed, love my 870, but you skipped the .40 S+W! Love my 40, when i get another handgun, itll be a 40 too. Higher cap than the 45, more energy than the 9mm, best of both worlds
Meh, i know a few dudes who were saying the 40 were bouncing off peoples skulls. The .45 has far more stopping power, especially when using hollowpoints and a low grain load. Which is good for home defense, a .40 is gonna go through walls and thats not good.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
I love my 870 aswell. I still want to get a M14 and a 1911 but they are a little to much $$$ right now.
I paid $405 for my springer 1911 on gun broker.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
I really enjoyed shooting Cliff's 40. It's tempting because I have access to a near infinite supply of once fired 40.

As for bouncing off skulls, any handgun load is sub-optimal.

You guys might find this site to be fascinating as it tests and debunks a lot of commonly held ideas. One that's fascinating is that an AR can be a good HD weapon because while it is very high velocity/energy, the round is small and fragments severely on impact with nearly anything, imparting most all of its energy to that object.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

I guarantee you a .45 isnt gonna bounce off anything. Even HD loads are still going to make very large holes in an person. The .223 isnt a bad HD round i just think there are better choices, new homes now a days the walls arent thick enough to completely stop the round, not the case with shot guns.
IIRC when we tested the .223 on the dry wall test walls it still went through 2 walls and tumbled into the 3rd. Rarely did the shot shells make it through the first wall.

Stopping the world!