Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
. . . Another sauce im trying to nail is a caramelized red wine aujus.
Anything special about that compared to a red wine based reduction sauce?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Default Frozen Custard

While prepping Thanksgiving dinner, my brother and I opted for making frozen custard instead of just plain old ice cream. Frozen custard is common throughout the Midwest, especially Wisconsin. It is waaaayyy more rich than ice cream and far more time consuming to make with at least one you can blow it moment. We did pretty good, especially for a first try. I'd like to experiment with the recipe as the standard recipe in my little Cusinart ice cream maker book (under "Premium" Ice Cream) was ridiculously rich.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

Today i made a new steak sauce and I think is my favorite so far. Every year at the we shop usually get everyone a 22lb or turkey for everyones family dinner. Since i typically dont do one since my dad is the one who buys them and he gets his own this year i opted for a 8lb filet mignon butcher cut. So tonight for Vanessa and my dinner we each had a 1.5lb cut of filet mignon with white truffle mashed pototates with a soy/champagne/rice wine/sake/garlic sauce which came out amazing. Would you like to do dinner now Ben seeing as i have a $100 piece of meat left in the fridge?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Would you like to do dinner now Ben seeing as i have a $100 piece of meat left in the fridge?
Yes. I can bring frozen custard since everything I'm growing (accept plenty of basil, lavender, rosemary, and lemons) is in between. Now we just need to find a place.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #25

This thread wins. haha

I love to cook with the wife as well. I have many special dishes that I love to make but the top ones in my book are risotto (mainly parm), Authentic mexican rice and beans and above all else, Gumbo! Love that stuff. I do it a little different than the traditional way i believe. Mine resembles a stew more than a soup. I've recently started to experiment with couscous. Didn't turn out quite right but I'll get it eventually.

And GUY. Steaks don't need sauces foo! :no: lol
Old 11-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer89 View Post
This thread wins. haha

I love to cook with the wife as well. I have many special dishes that I love to make but the top ones in my book are risotto (mainly parm), Authentic mexican rice and beans and above all else, Gumbo! Love that stuff. I do it a little different than the traditional way i believe. Mine resembles a stew more than a soup. I've recently started to experiment with couscous. Didn't turn out quite right but I'll get it eventually.

And GUY. Steaks don't need sauces foo! :no: lol
I eat couscous fairly often. What do you use for the thickener in your gumbo?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I eat couscous fairly often. What do you use for the thickener in your gumbo?
I start with a rue made from white flour and oil or Bacon fat if I have it on hand. It gets thick like that because I let the "holy trinity" break all the way down into a sauce. It takes around 4 hours.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
pain's fun, hit me again

No steak NEEDS sauces, but its fun to try and mate a good steak with a sauce that doesnt hide the flavor. Expensive steakhouses do it, i can too.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #29

Quote:
No steak NEEDS sauces, but its fun to try and mate a good steak with a sauce that doesnt hide the flavor. Expensive steakhouses do it, i can too.
Real steakhouses serve their steaks with salt and pepper.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

So i guess mastros, vic and anthonys, nine, prime, cut, mix,etc arent real steak houses?

Stopping the world!