Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default I'll be fighting this one

I'm doing about 50mph coming home from the gym, driving perfectly safely on Beach Blvd., a large 3 lane road, freshly paved, clear as bell, when officer McDouchebag decides I'm a menace to society and writes me a speeding ticket for 53 in a 35. Mind you, it said 50 mph less than a mile earlier, and this (naturally) was at the bottom of a hill after a bridge.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #2

Where at on beach? You might have got yours where I got mine.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Where at on beach? You might have got yours where I got mine.
The bastard was waiting on Pacific Ave. You can see the bridge, crossing down under that is where he takes your speed. Whatta a piece of excrement.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #4
Super Moderator

The "Speed Limit" on the street is different from the "Maximum Speed" on the freeway. The Speed Limit can be subjectively reasoned, while 1mph over on the freeway cannot.

You should fight it. You'll probably lose for going 20 over, but who knows. Start by pulling up the vehicle code violation and read the language carefully.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
The "Speed Limit" on the street is different from the "Maximum Speed" on the freeway. The Speed Limit can be subjectively reasoned, while 1mph over on the freeway cannot.

You should fight it. You'll probably lose for going 20 over, but who knows. Start by pulling up the vehicle code violation and read the language carefully.
Thanks for the tip. Like I said, it was 50 mph very close to this area and no obvious reason for the lower limit (like reducing the number of lanes or going into a residential area) I honestly had no idea it was 35. I thought is was doing the fu*king speed limit. It's just a shake down. Absolutely no difference from the mob.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Definitely fight that - I think you'll have a good shot of beating it.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Neanderthal

Fight--- you can only win or lose----meaning there is nothing to lose.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Fight--- you can only win or lose----meaning there is nothing to lose.
Well, most of the time when you contest you lose the option to opt for traffic school.

I haven't seen the law, but I think it has the phrase "safe for the conditions" in there or something like that, which is what you should concentrate on proving. Not so much that the posted speed limit is bogus, but the optimal conditions for your rate of speed: large number of lanes, visibility was clear, ground was perfectly dry, it was light outside, not near a school zone, almost no traffic, etc.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The bastard was waiting on Pacific Ave. You can see the bridge, crossing down under that is where he takes your speed. Whatta a piece of excrement.
I swear that is the same exact place I got mine at. Was he on a bike? Mine was. If you go 1.5 blocks north of there it is a 45mph zone.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
I swear that is the same exact place I got mine at. Was he on a bike? Mine was. If you go 1.5 blocks north of there it is a 45mph zone.
I'm sure it's a trap. When he said "I got you for speed" I said, "I was doing 50 in a 50." That's when he said "it's 35" to which I responded, "you guys are unbelievable." At that point I bit my tongue. I really wanted to ask him what it feels like to be an armed robber, or that I have more respect for the mob because at least their honest about extortion. But I really don't want to end up on the news just yet.

I was written for 53 in a 35. That's less than 20. There was NOBODY else on the road within 100s of yards. He was in a car. Probably there all night fattening up on the public.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)