Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I doesn't really go through tires any faster than anything else unless you get soft agressive tires. ATs like I have, which are plenty suffecient for basic offraoding last years. Your trip is reasonaby short, not like you're puttin on tons of miles.

<Unsolicited Advice>
I'd drive the beater until it just quits period. I'd even string it along for cheap if I could. With a kid on the way I'd be stashing cash crazy time, you just don't know what's coming down the river. You've got the Cobra for fun, and things like Jeeps, etc. will always be around. In just a couple years Jack will be old enough to go wheel'n and then might be a good time.
<end>
I totally agree. I will drive the beater until it dies, I just think probably another year is the most I could hope for
Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Get the V6 & Auto.

When I used to have my Ranger i saw sooo many times where the guys who said how great stick is while offroading, get stuck due to that transmission.

Oh yeah, and slap on a set of 33x12.5 BFG T/A KOs on it and you'll be set for tires.
The 4.0 in the Jeep is an Inline 6.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The 4.0 in the Jeep is an Inline 6.
It certainly was in my era (91), but wasn't there a V6 later on, a Daimler motor? Maybe it was a diesel???

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It certainly was in my era (91), but wasn't there a V6 later on, a Daimler motor? Maybe it was a diesel???
It was an I6 until 2001. I'm not sure about after that.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #15

V6, I6 whateverrrr

haha
Old 10-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
V6, I6 whateverrrr

haha
Actually it makes a huge difference in a 4x4. I6 engines tend to make a lot more bottom end torque and are very smooth. Just ask Throttle Crazy about his old I6 in the Land Cruiser. He would lug it down to 400rpms on the rocks and it would just keep going. No bucking or stalling out.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
V6, I6 whateverrrr

haha
Mercedes, BMW, what's the difference? They're both German.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Actually it makes a huge difference in a 4x4. I6 engines tend to make a lot more bottom end torque and are very smooth. Just ask Throttle Crazy about his old I6 in the Land Cruiser. He would lug it down to 400rpms on the rocks and it would just keep going. No bucking or stalling out.
I have heard the same. I would definitely go with the I6. As for the beater, if it lasts another year I'll definitely have problems come smog time. I can't imagine it would pass, it's definitely less emissions friendly than the Cobra
Old 10-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . . I can't imagine it would pass, it's definitely less emissions friendly than the Cobra
Are those expensive problems or just a tune up? Even a new cat (one on that car riht?) might not be very expensive.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I have heard the same. I would definitely go with the I6. As for the beater, if it lasts another year I'll definitely have problems come smog time. I can't imagine it would pass, it's definitely less emissions friendly than the Cobra
You just need to find a more "lenient" shop... I know i'm going to have to eventually

I'm cool with Mercedes/BMW.. so long as its AMG/M... I would take any of them!