Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Boost Junkie

Default Reaching out to Motorgen

Ok... In a nutshell I have a number of "minor" issues that are needing to be dealt with on my car. Especially to prepare for my tune. I'm asking for those of you who are more mechanically inclined (it's not that I'm not mechanically inclined, it's just that I'm less experienced in some/most areas) to help me fix some of these issues.

Naturally I will supply the parts and the beers if required... in exchange for a few hours of hanging out and taking care of business. I'm just going to number the issues and a "brief" explanation of what needs to be done along with the work entailed and what the problem is in order of most important.

#1 Throttle Position Sensor.
Done, Thanks Joe! It's good as new.

#2 Shifter Crossover Cable
DONE

#3 Brake Issue
DONE

#4 Throwout Bearing Fork
Replaced with a Cryotreated version. It's awesome.

#5 Clutch
Done

#6 E-Brake cable
Needs to be tightened so my car doesn't roll when I have the ebrake cranked all the way up. It's yet another common issue haha. Needs adjustment so that I don't have to crank it up as high as the thing goes. Still an issue as of 3/29/10 and working on it.

#7 Transmission REBUILD.
DONE (bought a used tranny and it's all gravy now)

Ok.. thats a good start. If I obtain a TOB fork and TOB that will very quickly be moved up to a priority. It's disgusting.

So please, anyone who has some knowledge or knowhow... name your terms! I'm not looking for you to DO it. Just for some help and possibly better facilities.

Once the brake and TPS and TOB fork get dealt with I'll finally get to head to the track again. So you'll be helping me get out there again!!

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!

Last edited by BlacknBoostn : 03-29-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: updated
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I'm definitely down to try to tackle this stuff. I think we'd have to break it down into smaller projects over the course of a couple weekends though. The only other thing though is I'm not sure anyone here knows how to rebuild a manual transmission completely. My buddy Aaron might though. Let me ask him. Perhaps we could start on some of this next Sunday?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm definitely down to try to tackle this stuff. I think we'd have to break it down into smaller projects over the course of a couple weekends though. The only other thing though is I'm not sure anyone here knows how to rebuild a manual transmission completely. My buddy Aaron might though. Let me ask him. Perhaps we could start on some of this next Sunday?
PM Throttle Crazy and see if he can print up instructions for you to rebuild the trans. He could rebuild it but I know he just doesn't have time. He and I rebuilt my T56 at his shop when the blocking ring for 3rd cracked.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Boost Junkie

Yeah, these are basically all kinda time consuming... I'm anticipating only being able to do one or two at a time... or the easier ones together like Ebrake and Crossover Cable, maybe the tip sensor, that shouldn't be more than an hour. The trans rebuild is pretty straight forward on this car, I have full directions and a youtube video on how to repair 3rd gear actually lol. That'll probably be a weekend job. Sean, Next saturday I have off I'd love to get started. Or hell, sunday even. Don't care I just need to start dealing with it.

Oh, and the tranny doesn't need a COMPLETE rebuild, it'll basically be installing new gears. I've already started pulling my spare apart but I got stuck on the housing haha. Joe, can you help??? I'm trying to pull off a set of snap rings but my snap ring pliers broke lol.. I wanna know whats still usable

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to sinaSRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post

#1 Throttle Position Sensor.
This needs to be rewired. I have the rewiring kit with sensor plug. Unfortunately the SRT is DBW unlike my older Integra which had a throttle cable. Common problem on SRTs, the wiring tends to wear out after days and days of continuous movement during daily driving. This causes poor idle, rev match, poor acceleration, and generally poor performance. This will entail cutting and splicing new wiring into the engine harness, soldering, and using heat shrink tubing. I have everything but the solder and don't care to cut into such an important piece of my car without a little extra knowledge.

#2 Shifter Crossover Cable
Tighten. Causes loose shifting. This requires purely mechanical expertise and I do have access to a How-To.

#6 E-Brake cable
Needs to be tightened so my car doesn't roll when I have the ebrake cranked all the way up. It's yet another common issue haha. Needs adjustment so that I don't have to crank it up as high as the thing goes.

Ok.. thats a good start. If I obtain a TOB fork and TOB that will very quickly be moved up to a priority. It's disgusting.

So please, anyone who has some knowledge or knowhow... name your terms! I'm not looking for you to DO it. Just for some help and possibly better facilities.

Once the brake and TPS and TOB fork get dealt with I'll finally get to head to the track again. So you'll be helping me get out there again!!

What's up guys . Tyler, I can definitely help you out with the problems quoted above. For the tranny rebuild you will need to contact Joe Dirt on SRT forums since he knows the SRT-4 inside and out and does awesome work at a great price. He is the go to guy for SRT transmission rebuilds. Dropping the clutch and swapping out the clutch/TOB/And clutch release fork is not that difficult but it requires some time which I do not have.

I can also take a look at the leak from your O2 housing to see if we can fix it and do some boost leak testing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 View Post
What's up guys . Tyler, I can definitely help you out with the problems quoted above. For the tranny rebuild you will need to contact Joe Dirt on SRT forums since he knows the SRT-4 inside and out and does awesome work at a great price. He is the go to guy for SRT transmission rebuilds. Dropping the clutch and swapping out the clutch/TOB/And clutch release fork is not that difficult but it requires some time which I do not have.

I can also take a look at the leak from your O2 housing to see if we can fix it and do some boost leak testing.
Awesome, do you guys have any time this weekend? I could probably help Saturday potentially.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Boost Junkie

uh... saturday might work not sure if I work or not yet lol maybe

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
uh... saturday might work not sure if I work or not yet lol maybe
Cool, keep me posted and I'll try to schedule something.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
Boost Junkie

#3 is mostly solved. I have to check on a loose/stripped bolt that isn't tightening down right not sure what that'll entail but grind is gone. I needed new pads.. the Pass Side INSIDE pad was at metal, but the Pass side OUTSIDE had about 60% meat left. Couldn't tell without actually taking a look at everything. Got that handled now. It was a really weird wear pattern though... kinda angled and moreso on the inside. I'm keeping my eye on this in a few weeks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Cool, keep me posted and I'll try to schedule something.
I'll find out tomorrow at some point.

<guy in turbo eclipse>