Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Wow, that is a clean 5.0

The interior looks new! That will make a fantastic drag car when you're done with it

How is the paint?

Congrats Eric
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Wow, that is a clean 5.0

The interior looks new! That will make a fantastic drag car when you're done with it

How is the paint?

Congrats Eric
He wants to start road racing it so the suspension will be designed towards that. The interior is in pretty good shape as is the paint. There are a few rock chips on the hood but no dents and there is one scratch on the drivers rear quarter panel that I think I can buff out.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
He wants to start road racing it so the suspension will be designed towards that. The interior is in pretty good shape as is the paint. There are a few rock chips on the hood but no dents and there is one scratch on the drivers rear quarter panel that I think I can buff out.
Very cool. Here is an article on swapping a Cobra IRS into a Fox body if he decides to go that route. I know a lot of the Cobra guys are looking for a solid swap to make a drag car so maybe he could trade it out.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
Graphics B*tch

I agree with Sean. That looks like a great car considering how old it is and for the price yuo got it, a steal!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Does Eric know what he's doing with the engine yet? I think a E303 cam with some AFR 165 or 185 heads and an IRS swap would be a wicked road race car
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Very cool. Here is an article on swapping a Cobra IRS into a Fox body if he decides to go that route. I know a lot of the Cobra guys are looking for a solid swap to make a drag car so maybe he could trade it out.
alright, time for me to contribute to the thread - first off - I gotta thank Ron for getting this done for me, I'm so stoked right now.
Secondly, Sean - I already had that article bookmarked
Next - The pictures are awesome... I'm going to start planning the first few mods now that I have the pictures - I think the first thing to go is the black molding - I'm going to white it out. And I'll fix up any other paint issues in the process.

Last thing - I've been pretty busy over here - but I've been trying to check in every so often on the RX-snake project! That thing looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I wish I could be there to see it come to life. But great job on everything so far - make sure you guys keep posting pictures on here as things get done - and use this thread to leave me suggestions for my car, any input will be helpful... I'm thinking I want to get into NASA TT because they have a regional series, but we'll see what ends up happening... I also want the car to be functional for the street legal drags just to go out and make some passes when everyone else goes...

Thanks again everyone, and see you guys at the end of the year
/Rant
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad
Cool

Quote:
Does Eric know what he's doing with the engine yet? I think a E303 cam with some AFR 165 or 185 heads and an IRS swap would be a wicked road race car
don't know just yet - but suggestion will go into the database
Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

If he does swap out the Solid for IRS, the best of course would be for a straight trade with another Cobra with an IRS. If not, I know a car that may at some point be in need of a solid rear end from a Mustang.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #19

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If he does swap out the Solid for IRS, the best of course would be for a straight trade with another Cobra with an IRS. If not, I know a car that may at some point be in need of a solid rear end from a Mustang.
good call - I would love to contribute - we'll have to see what ebay has to offer.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #20
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
alright, time for me to contribute to the thread - first off - I gotta thank Ron for getting this done for me, I'm so stoked right now.
Secondly, Sean - I already had that article bookmarked
Next - The pictures are awesome... I'm going to start planning the first few mods now that I have the pictures - I think the first thing to go is the black molding - I'm going to white it out. And I'll fix up any other paint issues in the process.

Last thing - I've been pretty busy over here - but I've been trying to check in every so often on the RX-snake project! That thing looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I wish I could be there to see it come to life. But great job on everything so far - make sure you guys keep posting pictures on here as things get done - and use this thread to leave me suggestions for my car, any input will be helpful... I'm thinking I want to get into NASA TT because they have a regional series, but we'll see what ends up happening... I also want the car to be functional for the street legal drags just to go out and make some passes when everyone else goes...

Thanks again everyone, and see you guys at the end of the year
/Rant
It's good to hear from you Eric, congrats on the awesome car

I'll have to do some research on the NASA TT series to see what kind of regulations they have?

When exactly do you get home? We'll have to do a welcome home cruise when you get back