Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #51
I, Vettezuki

Good to know! There is a brand new station with E85 at the pump near by. I don't think I could make it out of my neighborhood right now. I really think it's something wiring/mositure related, but who knows for sure. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #52
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Dude, I have HP tuners, I can datalog it as long as the OBD2 port is within reach of my laptop and the cable. I live in Wildomar, if you head over to Temecula again soon let me know and I can graph that mofo and wee can see whats up. Just one thing, I need to know what engine/mods you are running in that thing so I can make sure I have the appropriate config file.

I'll be able to see anything that the ECU will monitor, hopefully we can narrow it down.

Oh, one more thing, if you can find an ethanol station near you, that would be an even better alternative to the race fuel. The Ethanol has very high detergent properties, and its muuuuch cheaper than race gas, if you are looking to clean the fuel system a bit, dump like 5 gallons in a 20 gallon take and it shouldn't effect performance. you will be running like a E20 blend depending on what is at the pumps
Uhm you have that backwards, you dont want detergent in your fuel and you want to run something lime race fuel or avgas in it since it has no additives. Its also super corrosive to everything it touches. Personal opinions aside, i dont think it will help. Yes its expensive stuff, but right now i'm sure Ben wants his car back.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Uhm you have that backwards, you dont want detergent in your fuel and you want to run something lime race fuel or avgas in it since it has no additives. Its also super corrosive to everything it touches. Personal opinions aside, i dont think it will help. Yes its expensive stuff, but right now i'm sure Ben wants his car back.
True, I kinda got the idea that the gas was dirty from the other posts, I didn't realize that they were all like 3 months old, Ethanol wont help at all in that case.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #54

Honestly, your problem sounds a lot like a buddy of mine had. He thought it was a bad fuel pump. He pulled it out and found the wiring in the tam was all shorted out. Rewire the whole thing and maybe even change out the pump while you are in there. Go buy some cheap 8 gauge wire and redo it all. You can probably get the wiring for like $40.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #55
I, Vettezuki

Here's the problem. I know next to nothing about wiring. Let's start with this.

Que es "tam"?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #56

I hate autocorrect on this phone sometimes. It's supposed to be "tank" not tam.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #57

This sucks man. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....