Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #51
Super Moderator

Wow I love that truck. Watch its holes.

But after that jump it still looks like his front end is coming down. I'm just paranoid about this. I was in a lifted explorer before, we got about 5 feet of air, came down on the front and cracked the front crossmember. Steering was a lot closer to the exhaust manifold after that. Eeek.

I don't see the negative effect, other than on handling, to have more like a 60 rear, 40 front distribution. For safety in jumping alone. And I'm not trying to argue, just trying to understand.

...I won't need a Neon that gets 33mpg driving back and forth to OC every weekend. So an Exploder in exchange for the Neon seems to be very plausible in the near future.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #52
Fast & Filthy

Explorers are diferent than Rangers. Explorers tend to kick the rear end up where Rangers don't. I use to have a '91 Ranger with Autofab beams, Fabtech radius arms, 4 inch lift National coils and National rear leafs with the shackles flipped. It cycled around 14 front and 15-16 in the rear. I use to jump it all the time and it almost always landed on all four once I softened up the rear shocks. One time I took Amy's dad and step mom out to Barstow and we found a jump that we were taking at 70-75 mph. Amy's step mom rode first and Amy said that when we hit the jump the tires were well over her head (she's 6'2") and we cleared about 60ft.

We sold it to Eric back when we had Kylie because we needed something with more seating. He evently rolled it (good think it had a full cage and 4 point harnesses).