Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
ummm.. by mechanical you mean i'd physically be able to hold the throttle cable with my finger from the bay right?

if so then yah, it's electrical. Thats one of the things i had to rewire a few months ago...
Yeah, thought so. Your throttle has a position sensor which is read by the computer and delivers a signal for appropriate throttle opening regardless of position. Some systems use this for traction control (throttle cut out). Mine doesn't have it it's mechanical. Pedal down means throttle open. enkei's uses a piece of bailing wire taped to a ball of rubber bands I think.

Quote:
Problem is getting a misfire code for c#4, and a camshaft position sensor code.
Wonder if you simply have a bad camshaft sensor. Also, is there a learn sequence to reset it? I know on the LSx motors, there is a learn sequence at least for the crank position sensor.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah, thought so. Your throttle has a position sensor which is read by the computer and delivers a signal for appropriate throttle opening regardless of position. Some systems use this for traction control (throttle cut out). Mine doesn't have it it's mechanical. Pedal down means throttle open. enkei's uses a piece of bailing wire taped to a ball of rubber bands I think.

Wonder if you simply have a bad camshaft sensor. Also, is there a learn sequence to reset it? I know on the LSx motors, there is a learn sequence at least for the crank position sensor.
Explain this to me.

http://www.ndperformance.com/how_to/...tall/base.html

And explain this to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=390096845482

Thank you in advance. PS. Enkei runs a flimsy Spectre mount that he bought from Autozone and modified it to be stronger than yours.

Boostn, sure you're not thinking of the throttle position sensor? Also, milkshake under the cap. No bueno. Could be condensation. But mayyybe not, what does the dipstick oil look like?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I stand corrected. That's pretty clearly a mechanical throttle linkage.

Quote:
PS. Enkei runs a flimsy Spectre mount that he bought from Autozone and modified it to be stronger than yours.
Prove it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Could be condensation.
That would be no bueno if it was also, oil isn't doing it's job.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Prove it.

Drilled through it and bolted it to the intake manifold to keep it from moving back, which is the problem with all aftermarket Holley carb throttle cable brackets. Solid as a rock. Actually, solid as a 5/16 bolt.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
That would be no bueno if it was also, oil isn't doing it's job.
True, oil should be getting hot enough to evaporate all of the water. How long had the car been sitting? Let it get to operating temp, check it again. Also look in the radiator for oil.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #27
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Explain this to me.

http://www.ndperformance.com/how_to/...tall/base.html

And explain this to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=390096845482

Thank you in advance. PS. Enkei runs a flimsy Spectre mount that he bought from Autozone and modified it to be stronger than yours.

Boostn, sure you're not thinking of the throttle position sensor? Also, milkshake under the cap. No bueno. Could be condensation. But mayyybe not, what does the dipstick oil look like?
It could be the throttle position sensor, but the code I'm getting is for the camshaft position sensor. After warming up the car and checking the oil cap and dipstick again all appeared to be fine, couldn't see anything weird in my block other than maybe needing a good cleaning lol. Seafoam perhaps...

Gonna buy a camshaft position sensor and see if that solves the problem. If not then back to trouble shooting.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
It could be the throttle position sensor, but the code I'm getting is for the camshaft position sensor. After warming up the car and checking the oil cap and dipstick again all appeared to be fine, couldn't see anything weird in my block other than maybe needing a good cleaning lol. Seafoam perhaps...

Gonna buy a camshaft position sensor and see if that solves the problem. If not then back to trouble shooting.
I meant the thing that you replaced before, that led you to believe your throttle was electronically actuated.

Yes, change your cam sensor.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #29

I did some checking on the code p0340 and most common repair is the cam sensor. I also found a TSB ( TSB 18-024-04 ) for missfires. Dodge says replace the plug wire and plug and have a ECM re-calibration. Printed it but have no way to copy and paste it. Our program at the shop won't allow it. I will be doing some work at my friends shop in MV tonight , if you want to grab it on your way home.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #30
Boost Junkie

Quote:
I meant the thing that you replaced before, that led you to believe your throttle was electronically actuated.

Yes, change your cam sensor.
ok, yeah ordering that particular part today.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!