Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #1

Exclamation Porsche Club of America Autocross, Sept 11 2011 (Sunday)

Hi guys,

-I signed up for this event, an autocross
-My gf is signed up with her ~300-330 whp sequential turbo rotary rx7 (we're having a v8 vs. rotary contest , we're gonna try and make one run swapping driver/car to see how we fare... her car actually runs pretty strong)
-It's at El Toro airfield in Irvine, CA
-The Porsche Club of America (PCA) Orange Coast Region (OCR... these guys are organized) is putting it on... here is their website
-Check out this LS6 powered FRC (fixed roof coupe) C5... supposed to be 2700 lbs, 380ish whp... sticky tires... beast:
-More info on the event
-I know this is last minute notice, you should expect that from me by now
-Should be lots of fun. Check out the drivers list.... all non Porsche cars are classed as "X"
Here are the X class cars, go to the top to see what else is going on
-I think they cap the total number of cars around 100 cars... so get signed up right away!! They are already at 90+ cars right now
-We should get 3-5 runs for the whole day, and you have to "work the course" (pick up cones, etc.) for a bit.
-Would be fun to meet some of the other Motorgen/car guys around here

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #2

Uhhh, yeah see, there's this little drive thingie in Woodland Hills we were kinda thinkin' about...
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

Too bad I just yanked the engine out of the 87
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #4

registration closed damn
Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Uhhh, yeah see, there's this little drive thingie in Woodland Hills we were kinda thinkin' about...
crap... my timing sucks, how could I not see the banner on the front page of the motorgen site Well have fun on the drive, stay out of trouble/keep shiny side up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhveed View Post
registration closed damn
yup.. guess they do cap around 100 drivers.... woulda been nice to have an evo out there, looks like there are none that day.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #6

have fun man, sounds fun. too bad you let us know too late! haha jk
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #7

well i hope you guys had a fun drive on sunday. i had a really long day on sunday... up @ 4 and didn't get home til almost 7. didn't eat anything all day cuz my stomach was f'd up from my raw ass hamburger the day before I guess. anywho... here's a couple clips of my car running the timed sessions at the end (4 runs). 1st one was OK the rest were pretty much garbage I loved the course though it was pretty fast for an auto-x course from what others tell me. I will be back, it's so fun!

EDIT: I broke the vid up into the individual runs, easier to watch, not as long.

Out of car vids
run1

run2

run3

run4

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Last edited by mdpalmer : 10-20-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #8

Dude, nice! Does this mean that you’re finished tuning the LS1, because your car sounds good. Also, did you gain some weight in your right foot or do you just need stickier rear tires? I totally want your car. Good job Mike.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Dude, nice! Does this mean that you’re finished tuning the LS1, because your car sounds good. Also, did you gain some weight in your right foot or do you just need stickier rear tires? I totally want your car. Good job Mike.
hey Jon, what's up. yup all done, except I got really impatient and said f it, I want to finish it so I can beat on it. I went to Haddad and they did a fantastic job in four hours what would have taken me a few months if not more. car runs great I love it

My tires aren't exactly that great but they're not too bad either... I had a really hard time keeping the car under control earlier in the day b/c the torque just lights them up. I was pretty easy on the gas until I had the car pointed straight.

My instructor's first comment was how the car would be an autocross animal if I put stickies on there. He suggested driving the car with street tires, getting used to sliding it around for a while.. so when you do put stickies on you are in much better tune with the traction limits of the car.

anyway, hope things are well with the beastly goat

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #10

dude I wish I could have gone, looks like it was a lot of fun. you definitely gotta let me know when the next one is so I can come with you. Hopefully I have new tires by then :P

On a side note, glad I had a well cooked hot dog lol