Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Default Tell me if this is BS!

Okay my work truck has little down time during the week (business hours) so it is very hard to get it in for service. So about a month ago I hear what seams to be an exhaust leak. I pop the hood and notice a missing bolt in the exhaust manifold. So I get a bolt and find that it is broken off in the block. I know the truck is under power train warranty so I call the dealership (Selman Chevrolet). They tell me it is in fact under warranty so I take it in yesterday they fix it and call me to pick it up. I notice that it is running like shit so I turn the fuck right around and ask him what is up. He proceeds to tell me it is carbon build up in the throttle body and they would need to clean it for $110. So I okay ill have to bring it back and drive home knowing I can clean it out in 15 minutes my self. So on the way home I get a work call do that and the check engine light comes on and flashes so I am like I got to get home and scan this shit. P0303 is the code which is misfire cylinder 3 so I change the plug from 3 to 1 and the wire from 3 to 5 and clear the code and I get a misfire on cylinder 1 so I know it is the plug I went to auto zone get 8 new plugs and change em out now it runs like a champ. So the question is do you think they sabotaged me to make some money back for a the free warranty service?

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Distinctly possible. Impossible to prove.

I also don't know why your TB would have any carbon buildup. Is it TB injection?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I don't know but once I replaced the plugs it ran like a champ again. The bad plug had a hairline crack in the porcelain I think they threw a bad plug in for me to come back for a $110 service and they swap out the plug in 2 seconds and charge me and go on with there day. Fucking people over.

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Fast & Filthy

They still get paid for warranty work so I highly doubt they put a broken plug. What more likely happened is that they cracked the plug while doing the exhaust and didn't know it.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Okay ill give em the benefit of the doubt. But is it kinda strange for them to tell me that the rough idle is due to a dirty throttle body? Or would that be normal?

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #6

We have lots of cars and trucks that idle low/rough because of dirty throttle bodies.....was not your issue though. I agree with the plug damaged by the tech.....It is way too much work to jack you around, just to sell you a claening. We get 0.7 of a hour for a throttle cleaning. Not worth the trouble to swap the plug 2 times.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
We have lots of cars and trucks that idle low/rough because of dirty throttle bodies.....was not your issue though. I agree with the plug damaged by the tech.....It is way too much work to jack you around, just to sell you a claening. We get 0.7 of a hour for a throttle cleaning. Not worth the trouble to swap the plug 2 times.
Whats up with cleaning....I edited it 2 times, and it keeps FN it up when I post it?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Okay ill give em the benefit of the doubt. But is it kinda strange for them to tell me that the rough idle is due to a dirty throttle body? Or would that be normal?
They probably saw that the TB was dirty when they were fixing it originally and when you brought it back they assumed that was the cause because they had not diagnosed the problem.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Most places that do warranty work make more off billing the company then the customer anyhow
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Most places that do warranty work make more off billing the company then the customer anyhow
The dealers I've worked for got paid 2/3 of customer labor pay rates by the factory. If the book called for 1 hour labor for a customer job, we only got 0.6 -0.7 for warranty work...hated warranty work. And the factory would back flag us, and deduct the time during audits, after the fact, if they felt the numbers didn't jive. Your paycheck would come with a deduction and back flag notice, telling you you used the wrong time code, or the times where incorrect.