Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Growing Old and Weary - My Future With Cars

I love my old swapped C3. It's a hoot and unique. Literally I'm not sure there's another one in CA and only a few in the world that I know of. But it took a fuckload of work and to keep running well (like a new car) needs fairly regular attention. If the market took a bounce and I could get a decent price for it (doubtful for a while at least), I'd be awfully tempted to sell it and come back to a personal fun car when I had the proper resources. Honestly a GT-R would be relatively high on my list. It's just going to work in any condition and if I wanted there would be high end off the shelf options for making it gnarlier. Or maybe just hire one of you guys to build up a GTM from FFR from all new parts. The Vette runs *fine* as long as its dry, and is fun for sure, but there's a lot of little things to run down to make it just right and some of them could be rabbit holes. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Keep it and start fixing those little things, it will just make it even better. It's unique and besides being cool it's all legal!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

How much would you pay me to build you a GTM
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #4

GT-R is a beast. But it's not like the C3 or even brand new american v8s. It doesn't take kindly to tinkering with this or that. And every part is EXPENSIVE. The optional 'tool kit' from Nissan is more expensive than tires on normal cars. Keep the C3, for nostalgia's sake, and for the sake of being the proud owner of a 1 of a kind car, not the proud owner of a cookie cutter...

Now if you went to the Factory Five GTM, which is what I am thinking you are talking about... I can get behind that lol.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

I got it! I'll keep the C3 and add a GTM at some point. . .

Guy, my opening offer would be some belly button lint, but I figure $3,000 - $5,000 cash/gold/unmarked Swiss Francs would be fair for competent assembly from from pallets of parts. Of course it would go out for paint and body. Probably give Ron first dibs cuz he's OG, or maybe a couple fellers could do it if they wanted to work together.

Anyway, that's probably a five year window anyway. But business is getting better and I'm knocking out debts pretty fast. Once I shore up a thick foundation, I'll be back to playing around a little. In the meantime, it'll be Lemon level. Speaking of which, I'm assuming your Pal got the dough for the bell housing?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah, there was a miscommunication about the bell, he thought I was going down to pick it up, which aint happening.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Yeah, there was a miscommunication about the bell, he thought I was going down to pick it up, which aint happening.
Well, I wish I would have known as I was down there Saturday but that's rare. Now what? Does he have any cause for coming up anytime soon?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #8

Where does it need to get transported to/from... I visit north San Diego county fairly regularly. I might be able to help you out.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well, I wish I would have known as I was down there Saturday but that's rare. Now what? Does he have any cause for coming up anytime soon?
No, he never comes up here. I guess it's time to ship unless we have someone down there, isnt Carlos close?

Stopping the world!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
No, he never comes up here. I guess it's time to ship unless we have someone down there, isnt Carlos close?
Carlos is in SD (when he comes back) but doesn't come up anywhere near the OC that often. Ryridesmotox is down there. See previous post. Maybe I could half way, or maybe I can turn it into an excuse to check out property (a hobby).

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)