Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Pics from the Japanese Classic Car Show 2009

Nice event. There were probably 150 or so show cars and more than 1,000 visitors over the day I'm guessing.

Here's a walk around video.

Here's the whole album

Here's some selected pics. (Click on any of them for full size version.)

As the name suggests, this was for older cars, including some of the first imports to the States.

A Honda 600

Just like domestic shows, there are guys who preserve originals, and guys who tweak the hell out of things. Here's a pristine original engine from the 600

Not everything was so old.

A CRX Spyder? Yes.

I ain't gonna lie. I kinda like the Starion. Wonder what can be done with this platform give some common Evo parts.

Nobody does little better than the Japanese. I'm not a small guy, but I'm not huge either. I felt like I could lift this car by myself. This car was huge compared to one coming up . . .

I've never built one, but I'm a fan of the Turbo I6 engine. It has a lot going for it.

More Datsun 510s than you could shake a stick at. I love these cars.

I didn't know anything about these Datsun 2000 Roadsters. They were very cool looking. Great fit and finish.

Several of them had some spectacular paint jobs. Photos only tell you so much. This was an incredible Orange with just a little metal flake, color sanded to perfection.

Cool Hard Top

Lot's of early Datsun 240/80.

One of the cleanest builds I've ever seen. SBC Datsun. Basically perfect.

My friend in HS had a Datsun Wagon like this. Abuse is not quite the right word to describe how we used to roll in that poor little car. Awesome.

There were several SCCA setup RX-3s. These cars are so light and nimble they'll surprise the heck out of you.

A full-tilt, no holds bar, drag setup RX-3, big turbo 13B and all.

Mazda were there (their HQ is only a couple miles from the park.) They brought a couple races cars.

This MX-6 won the IMSA Manufacturer's Championship in the late 80s.

A gnarly RX-7.

I think the production RX-7 is one of the best looking cars ever made.

Now that's a small car.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 10-17-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

An absolutely pristine Land Cruiser

The most "brutal" car of the day. I think it was an early Celica but I don't recall now. The engine and trans is practically in the driver compartment. Firewall? What Firewall? It had a custom tube chassis though that looked like it was very well made.

Usually these go in the engine compartment, but hey. . .

I'm a big fan of early 70s Celica GTs. They're like miniature muscle cars.

Ivan Stewart's Trophy Truck

These are beautiful cars.

Possibly my favorite car of the day, an old Skyline GT.

I could imagine our Min iMartin project car (future) turning out something like this, but with a more subtle engine . . . like a BMW V10 or Merc V12 for example.

Doesn't really come out in pics, but this flat black was amazing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #3

Holy crap there were some nice cars this year. Good pics, I was planning on going but caught a damn cold. How many cars in total this year?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
Holy crap there were some nice cars this year. Good pics, I was planning on going but caught a damn cold. How many cars in total this year?

I'm guessing ball park 150.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Boost Junkie

Ben, how do kera and I find out about shows like this? We just so happened to pull up next to a yellow integra type R who was kind enough to give us the info...

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
Ben, how do kera and I find out about shows like this? We just so happened to pull up next to a yellow integra type R who was kind enough to give us the info...
There's this cool site called Motorgen.com that had it listed in the events section.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7944

In all seriousness though, we're going to be substantially rebuilding and extending the calendar system over the next year to make it far more useful, but it's a major task.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Great pictures. Some of those cars are REALLY nice.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

RX-Snake can go to Fabulous Fords Forever and this show (among others) next year. Just gotta finish it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #9

I had a 1970 Datsun Roadster. It is still my fav !! Mine was only a 1600, dual carb 4spd. It was my daily driver over Ortega hwy for 3 years. Spent most of the time in second and third gear. Until I plowed into a Dodge Caravan that out braked me in a corner. His ABS brakes stopped quicker than my foot !!
I'll see if I can digg up some photos.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Benjira!

Let's drop a V8 in that, there's a project.