Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I think the realm of autosports has been vacated for fashion. I run 3.2 degrees of chamber at Cal Speedway and 2-2.5 everywhere else. I can't see any advantage so running a small tire on such a wide rim. Again, I run 315 on a 11" wide rim. Remember I am the guy that thinks drifting is ballet on wheels and not a real sport.
It's more like figure skating.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
pain's fun, hit me again

Before you knock either try going a full day doing one. You'd be surprised at how many "men" couldn't do an hour of ballet.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #33
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I think the realm of autosports has been vacated for fashion. I run 3.2 degrees of chamber at Cal Speedway and 2-2.5 everywhere else. I can't see any advantage so running a small tire on such a wide rim. Again, I run 315 on a 11" wide rim. Remember I am the guy that thinks drifting is ballet on wheels and not a real sport.
Modifying your car for any reason is typically considered autosports. Whether it's your taste or not. I don't care for drag racing, doesn't mean anything though.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Before you knock either try going a full day doing one. You'd be surprised at how many "men" couldn't do an hour of ballet.
Not a chance. Those dancers are serious athletes and tough as nails.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Modifying your car for any reason is typically considered autosports. Whether it's your taste or not. I don't care for drag racing, doesn't mean anything though.
I don't think low-riders would consider themselves as having anything to do with auto sports. Just semantics though. If it covers everything for you, then so be it. I tend to thinnk of anything involving driving and competing, so i'd say drifting, ralley, gymkana, are all part of auto-sports, but pure aesthetics or thingstargeted to just cruising around like low-riders to not part of auto-sports.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't think low-riders would consider themselves as having anything to do with auto sports. Just semantics though. If it covers everything for you, then so be it. I tend to thinnk of anything involving driving and competing, so i'd say drifting, ralley, gymkana, are all part of auto-sports, but pure aesthetics or thingstargeted to just cruising around like low-riders to not part of auto-sports.
I would say its any modification along with competing. That's how I define it. Therefore, I also consider drifting an automotive sport, though I've never competed. I've been to two sanctioned drifting events and enjoyed myself.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I would say its any modification along with competing. That's how I define it. Therefore, I also consider drifting an automotive sport, though I've never competed. I've been to two sanctioned drifting events and enjoyed myself.
I don't know what modification has to do with competing. Some racing is bone stock. Other racing is purpose built racing cars (e.g., F1) so it's hard to call them modified. Hence driving + competing = motor sport. I'm not making any value claim, only stating my definition.

BTW, Phantom, virtually every thread on MG gets hijacked. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't know what modification has to do with competing. Some racing is bone stock. Other racing is purpose built racing cars (e.g., F1) so it's hard to call them modified. Hence driving + competing = motor sport. I'm not making any value claim, only stating my definition.

BTW, Phantom, virtually every thread on MG gets hijacked. . .
My point was this, not eliminating what is obvious competition, but when it becomes gray area. I.e audio competitions, drifting etc etc. many purists don't recognize these things as automotive motor sports, but IMO they are.

Racing on a track whether modified or not seems a no brainer...

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #39
pain's fun, hit me again

Just conveyed my thoughts exactly, Going to a car show and competing for an award is no different. Sure some might win because they're race cars or some could just be very clean well built cars

Stopping the world!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Just conveyed my thoughts exactly, Going to a car show and competing for an award is no different. Sure some might win because they're race cars or some could just be very clean well built cars
There is no action between agents. It would be like saying a photo competition, or even more oddly, a mere photo exhibit is a sport, whereas "sport" clearly implies physical action AND competition.

sport
An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

Drift as sport? No problem.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)