Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Would now be an inappropriate time to ask what happens to totaled cars and what you can take out/off of them?
:insurance lady talking again:

It all depends on the insurance company. Should the car be a TL (total loss), it would be up to you to ask your TL adjuster if you would be able to take items out of the vehicle. Now, they probably think that you want to take maybe some speakers, cds...and so on. You need to make them fully aware that you would like to take engine parts off. They might say no and just suggest that you provide parts prices for the items that you have on the vehicle and include that into the price that your vehicle is worth.

Another suggestion you might want to think about (again should the car be a total loss) is if you have the time, you will be given the option to either sell it to your insurance company, or you can keep your wreaked vehicle. Should you decide to keep the wreaked vehicle, you have the benefit of taking off what you want and selling out the rest of the vehicle. The only catch is that if you keep the vehicle, they (insurance company) are going to deduct the salvage amount of the vehicle (the amount that they would get for the vehicle at auction....just guessing, probably a couple k (i'm guessing maybe 4-5).
Old 02-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That kind of begs the question, can't you just take a total payment for the total less buy back in one fell swoop? Lexy?

You mean like this:

Value of car - 20k
Registration/tax - 1k
Total payout - 21k

Less salvage (should you keep it)- 5k

payout by insurance company to steve = 16k

It would go something like that. Hope that helps.

PS - With the company that I work with, we have to pay off any lien holders first (banks) and anything left over goes to the registered owner. What do you own on the car if anything?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #23

Oh, sorry forgot something. I know you expressed interest in wantng to fix up a possible totaled vehicle....please keep in mind that the vehicle would then have a salvage title, and would be a b**** to sell in the long run.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
Neanderthal

Sorry to hear what happened. I don't pray much, but since Ben thought of it, it couldn't hurt.

Again man, I'm sorry to hear what happened.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #25

thanks for all the info lxy, your pretty much said what i wanted to hear as far as buying the car back.

also i never planned on selling my car ever my plan was to keep it under 45-50k miles and then garage it till hover cars come out lol.

also lxy that crack on the windshield was from my hand not my head.....pretty crazy huh but i think me already having a crack in the windshield helped that out.

but ya what i was getting at was that my friend actually sold and fixed up salveaged evo's for profit, he bought them both for 4-5 grand one with heavey rear end damage and one with heavey front damage similar to mine. well he got them fixed 100% perfectly the wripples in the paint look factory! and spent about 8k in the end to fix both and he ended selling one for 17,000 and the other for 20,000. i also had another friend that had a salvaged evo that was bought for around 7k at an auction and he ended up trading this guy pink slip for pink slip on his 2004 honda s2000 with a clean title and decent milege......

where im pretty much getting at is that my car has a strong salvage market as far as buyers if i where to get her fixed and re-slang her.

oh ya on a side note the shop where my friend fixed up his salvaged evo's just so happends to be the same shop my insurence told me to drop my car off at. so thats a plus....but they charged my friend less for labor work, and told him if he was an insurence company ther would have quadrupled the labor price on the work they did. kinda sucks if my car where to get totalled because of some greedy assed wanted to charge there astronomicle ass labor rate!

brutal- thanks man i appreciate thati guess i find out today around 2-5pm on what fate they pick for it

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #26
Graphics B*tch

Sending good ju-ju your way Steve. I say buy the car back and fix it with the $$ you get form the insurance. Who cares about the salvage since you are never going to sell it anyway.

I am glad you are ok.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #27

ya thanks man and i plan on doing that if they salvage it out.

i believe if they did total out the car imma get 28-30k pay off form the insurence and there is 18-19-ish owed so far the price to repart vs. the price of pay off is looking good sense its still worth alot, and the money i get after the finance company is payed off vs. how much it will be to buy back and repair is looking decent.

also i drove the starion to west covina/azusa last night and jesus did it make me miss the evo that was the loneliest ride home ever!

well its the weekend and imma try and drown out my sorrows in the bottom of a bottle and forget about thinks.

on the plus side my insurence will go down on the evo if it gets salvaged

Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #28

Steve,

When did this accident happen? Do you know when your insurance company is going to look at it? You should hear something by now if it's total. Call the shop...they'll be able to tell you what's up with it.

Hehe, if you want me to call the shop, I can - just provide phone number.

Keep us posted
Lex
Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Steve,

When did this accident happen? Do you know when your insurance company is going to look at it? You should hear something by now if it's total. Call the shop...they'll be able to tell you what's up with it.

Hehe, if you want me to call the shop, I can - just provide phone number.

Keep us posted
Lex

it happend wednesday night at 10:30pm in L.A.

but we dropped the car off at the shop the night of the accident, and then next morning called the shop about the car, well they said they couldnt touch the car till they got a claim number, well i didnt get a claim number till after noon time and then i forgot i still had the keys and they couldnt touch it w/o the keys and i had to sign some paperwork approving it.

in other words they couldnt look at it till today haha.

but ya if you wanna give them a call that would be nice

its (909) 829-6800
heritage auto collision
in fontana CA on cherry and vencinte ave. just in case you need that info

also my insurence is state farm, i believe the claim agent is maritza, on team 3.....in case you wanna make it sound more official lol

oh and license number is 5XNL001, 2006 silver mitsu lancer evolution special edition

well let me know

ive been wanting to call them all day but i dont like to bug shops also try and tell them if they can not total it out imma nice kid blah blah blah u know the whole thing ahahah

Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Chate

holy crap, my heart hurts for your loss man, its a damn shame the other dude's douchebaggery goes w.o consequence

Glad you and your peeps are safe