Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #1

Default Gonna Get a Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
We don't hear from you in days and that is all you have to say?
lol ive been off in my own world of bordom and school and partys lol!

on the plus side of thing in my auto classes they taught me how to use a boring bar and a honing machine and a hydrolic spring comprssing maching all cool shit! so imma rebuild my blown block in class for extra credit...also if the rx-snake needs some of that work i can do it for free and get extra credit lol.

but besides that exciting bit of my life its been pretty boring.....you could only make yourself hydroplane so many times in the rain before it gets old lol.

i think of come to the conclusion that im essentually "done" with the evo as far as my goals and how i want the car.........so thats why ive been so removed and distant because there is nothing new......and now i found out that the starion cant take the evo engine sense there is only one tranny it will mate too and thats some automatic powerglide.....which upset me.......so now ive realized i need to jump into a new car to keep things fresh...

ive decided its gonna be the new hyundai genesis coupe when they come out.
its gonna be a nice little pocket rocket.....with a base price of 17-19k not to bad for what you get.

pretty much an:
evo 10 block with low boost @ 210hp
turbo
no maf sensor
rwd
lsd
4 pot front brembos
4 pot rear brembo brakes

*this meets my criteria of having an evo engine and being rwd and driftable lol

so this is gonna be a great platform to work with and also i really think i need to be in a current *new* car scene again.....once i got a taste of it when i had my old evo in 05...i loved that being new feeling and on the cutting edge of new products coming out for my car lol. ya it does sound kinda vain of me but damn i gotta admit i miss the stares i used to get everywhere and people asking me what kind of honda that was or saying theyve never seen that kinda car before :-(

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

The Genesis has an EvoX block? Que?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The Genesis has an EvoX block? Que?

yup yup u read correctly the genesis coupe 2.0T, the evo 10, and the srt-4 caliber all share the same aluminum family of blocks but the evo 10 and gen coupe have a closer relation keeping just about everything in the block the same......the only differenced ive heard so far and they have only been speculation not proven yet are maybe a weaker rod, and the evo has a 4 bolt main while the gen coupe might get a 2 bolt main...but its yet to be proven.

also some of the koreans that already have the coupe over there in korea land also are speculating that the evo and gen coupe share the same head and might be able to interchange cams but its just a rumor so far is this guy over there has actually done it yet...he kinda dissapeared from there forums when he started his engine build up on a 2.0T

Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
yup yup u read correctly the genesis coupe 2.0T, the evo 10, and the srt-4 caliber all share the same aluminum family of blocks but the evo 10 and gen coupe have a closer relation keeping just about everything in the block the same......the only differenced ive heard so far and they have only been speculation not proven yet are maybe a weaker rod, and the evo has a 4 bolt main while the gen coupe might get a 2 bolt main...but its yet to be proven.

also some of the koreans that already have the coupe over there in korea land also are speculating that the evo and gen coupe share the same head and might be able to interchange cams but its just a rumor so far is this guy over there has actually done it yet...he kinda dissapeared from there forums when he started his engine build up on a 2.0T
Interesting. Wonder if it's the same alloy for the castings.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Interesting. Wonder if it's the same alloy for the castings.
who knows thats past my retaining wall of knowledge lol

but ya imma rebuild that old evo engine i got sell it for 2.5-3 grand hopefully and sell the starion for 2-3 grand hopefully and put but 5-7 grand down on an 19k genesis coupe and have low $100 dollar a month payments ill be in happy town :-D and no the evo's not getting traded.

also if i get the hyundai your gonna have to make korean or kdm section on your forum bwahahah bet u never saw that request coming!!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
. . . also if i get the hyundai your gonna have to make korean or kdm section on your forum bwahahah bet u never saw that request coming!!

I think I'll just make it Asian to cover them all like European.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Chate

hmm you've got me interested in the genesis coupe...what's the official release date?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #8

man thats one nice website too...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
hmm you've got me interested in the genesis coupe...what's the official release date?
the genesis coupe currently has some dealer early releases in dealerships, but i think in the next month or so they come out in full force...i know theyre taking pre-orders now and already have a cateloge out with packages.

and then in the summer the track model and R-Spec model come out.

the price break down is
base 2.0T 18-19k *no brembo, maybe lsd, no hid, no sunroof, no leather
luxury 2.0T 19-20k *maybe brembo, maybe lsd, sunrood and leather and hid
track 2.0T 20-22k *brembo, lsd, sport suspention, leather, hid, 19"rims+summer tires....and other little crap
R-Spec 2.0T 22-24k all of the above, with maybe some weight saving stuff, maybe carbon fiber, maybe a few more hp, and thats about all i know for now!

and ya vette you would generalize all asians....i guess they all do kinda look the same ?!!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #10

Hmm, any idea on 6cyl pricing? Thats more along my taste (yeah its not turbo, but stock numbers are decent)