Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #51
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Cars are only marginally better than a drug addiction.
Something tells me working on a car for 6 hours on a saturday isnt the same as doing coke for 6 hours on a saturday
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #52
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Something tells me working on a car for 6 hours on a saturday isnt the same as doing coke for 6 hours on a saturday
How do you know?

They're both addictive to varying degrees and pretty gnarly money pits. Actually, growing your own weed would be far more cost effective than being sucked into the car hobby. Actually, some of those guys make serious bank so keep that in mind the next time you make fun of a pot head.

I'm not advocating drug addiction here, just making light of how expensive it is for the common man. I get the impression, while there wasn't nearly as much cool stuff in the olden days, what they did have was relatively far more affordable, but I could be wrong. The car hobby, like a lot of hobbies, unless you let it put in the poor house, or interfere with other more primary relationships in your life, is very healthy. It's given me the chance to meet a lot of interesting people I wouldn't have met otherwise. Also, there is a lot of pleasure in thinking up what to do, then doing it, then seeing the results. In a very real sense for me, it's not actually about the car. Grasshopper.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I think this should be the quote of the month. It's going to be in my signature for sure.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #54
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
How do you know?

They're both addictive to varying degrees and pretty gnarly money pits. Actually, growing your own weed would be far more cost effective than being sucked into the car hobby. Actually, some of those guys make serious bank so keep that in mind the next time you make fun of a pot head.

I'm not advocating drug addiction here, just making light of how expensive it is for the common man. I get the impression, while there wasn't nearly as much cool stuff in the olden days, what they did have was relatively far more affordable, but I could be wrong. The car hobby, like a lot of hobbies, unless you let it put in the poor house, or interfere with other more primary relationships in your life, is very healthy. It's given me the chance to meet a lot of interesting people I wouldn't have met otherwise. Also, there is a lot of pleasure in thinking up what to do, then doing it, then seeing the results. In a very real sense for me, it's not actually about the car. Grasshopper.
Cause my mother never did time for trying to smuggle an intake manifold into prison...

I totally agree though, if i didnt have my car addiction I wouldnt have the love of my life.

Also, you have to remember, any time I have a chance to be a smart ass, i'm going to take it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #55

Got the car back together and runs good. I had to go to 6 different junk yards to find the parts I needed.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #56

Car is running great now. Clutch has about 350 miles on it and holding up great so far. I adjusted the wastegate actuator and upped the boost to 10.5psi. Car pulls so hard right now. First time I punched it in 2nd gear actually scared the shit out of me! 3rd gear is pretty scary too. Im a happy camper now. Made my pee pee tingle too!!

Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #57

May this car RIP. In the 3rd Gen Eclipse world, aftermarket support is nonexistent. I've managed to do things to this car that many dream of. Enjoyed the 7 years I've owned this car as well. Whoever buys my engine setup is going to be very very happy person.